Sign in to follow this  
terry1

People who were at Cottesmore

Hello Terry1, what years were you at Cottesmore? I was there from 1956 - 1960.

my husband was there1959 to 1963 he has two older brother who also went to coto boy and a older sister who went to coto girls.

Terry is new and may not find his way back to this topic.

PM?

my husband was there1959 to 1963 he has two older brother who also went to coto boy and a older sister who went to coto girls.

I was theare from 1960ish to easter of 63 herry happer wes head master then I was in 4c

whot is his name

Remember Percy Fox (Woodwork teacher), Mr. Fletcher (Technical Drawing), Stan Ashmore (Science), and Mick Gill (Arts) also a very good jazz muso.

Trying to remember some of the others but the memory is going.

terry my husband dave piggott who lived old lenton

Look at the Lenton Times website Radford Boy. In the photographs section a picture of all the teachers of that time including the chisel throwing Mr. Fox the woodwork teacher.

there is also a facebook site esspecialy for former pupils of cotto all years mick blagden was also there at that time daves mates wer pat clarke paul farrell among others at the time. as david l says lots of pictures in lenton times

My Dad was there in the 1930s smile2 Doubt there will be any of his schoolmates still around. 

Remember playing football against them for Padstow.........we beat them 10--0 on Wollaton Park........not one to brag, but i scored 4 goals in the first half.........our games teacher mr Taylor not one to let lads get carried away with themselves...made me go in goal for the second half.....and the goalie i replaced Alan Allsop.......scored 4 goals in the second half...........the game from about 1957 as always stuck in my mind for obvious reasons,can even recall most of our team,   Allsop, Marshall, Bell,,Leatherland,,Musson,,Hickman,,Dexter,,Jenner,,Churchill,,Disney,,yours truly,,    i'm wrong remember all eleven................lol

The 1933 Cottesmore School football team.  My Dad seated in the middle, assume he was Captain as he’s got the ball at his feet. 

2464_E2_C5-8553-4245-8304-3_CD23_D25_F3_

• Like 4

I don’t think there’s a thread for Nottingham Schools football so I’ll post this photo along with my dad’s school team pic.

This is the Nottingham Boys team 1935.  Dad far left on front row .........bless him, he looks like he’s the only lad who’d had a wash that day.  

Top right is the cousin (or brother?) of Bertie Mee, the Bulwell-born footballer and then Arsenal Manager

7_C8_A9453-1_B4_E-4167-_A423-6143594_B0_Wonder if the Mee boy ever got his ears pinned back, poor lad. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 5/17/2018 at 6:31 PM, benjamin1945 said:

Remember playing football against them for Padstow.........we beat them 10--0 on Wollaton Park........

Cottesmore  huh.............lol    great picture Lizzie

• Upvote 1

I would guess you beat them about 22 years after this school team Ben. 

Didnt you play for Nottingham Boys too?

• Like 1

Spot on Lizzie on both.......

• Upvote 1

Also notice you mentioned your Dad playing for Spalding.........when i lived in Peterborough had two games (friendlies) for them.........i was 33 and would'nt admit i was past it,,finished up playing at 39 ish........should have finished about 29 ish.............still miss it............:(

• Upvote 1

Just looking again at your Dads photos..Lizzie.......them hairstyles are back in today.............