Android Home Theater.

I take it you have downloaded XBMC to your PC and watching stuff on the PC????

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know whether this addon contains the channel you want to watch Mick, but here's a live streaming US local TV addon for XBMC.

http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2012/11/26/watch-live-american-tv-channels-with-ustvnow-for-xbmc/

Did you purchase a G-Box or have you downloaded XBMC to your computer Mick, can't help you unless I know what you are doing.

If its listed within Fusion Mick, once fusion is downloaded it should automatically open all the repositories, which DON'T show under their repository names!!! They show as things like "1 Channel", "The Discovery Channel" etc etc...

Both XBMC and Fusion come loaded with "repositories" now Mick, to find out what programs you have available you'll need to check on "Addons" in "Video", go to the bottom of the list you have activated, and click on "More"

A very long list will appear, "Click" on the one you want in your "Addon List" and a popup box appears, just follow the instructions.

Once you get used to it, download Navi-X, some great movies on there, BUT, don't click on "Cams" they are poor quality movies filmed in cinemas.."Rips" are OK, they are copied from DVD's or Bluerays.."Ripped" just means copied and uploaded from DVD's.

You'll also find movies that haven't been released yet, I suspect they were given the crew who were working on the movie, some bear the label "Property of ....etc" at the beginning.

• 2 weeks later...

Have just got the latest updates to xbmc sorted, any video searched & streaming inside 30 secs. including some pre retail stuff THEN along comes a high court judgement instructing British ISP's to Block Streaming. Most of the good stuff has now already gone and the rest to follow. Maybe there is a way around it but for now it seems too many were enjoying free fun & learning.

That means lots of legit videos will be blocked too, Youtube comes to mind?? What about the BBC's own streamed stuff???

How can an ISP block just pirate Streaming without blocking legal streaming???

I'd say 100% impossible and it's obvious the Judge knows nothing about the internet.

I believe you, but like I say, how are they going to differntiate between legal streams and illegal video streams??? HULU is 100% legal, as they pay for programming via adverts like independant television stations..There are also many worldwide TV stations that stream live programming..RTV streams live, so how are ISP's going to sort that mess out.

Like I said, that Judge knows nothing about the internet..

You'll find some useful info here on how to get around the blocks Bazza...

http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/legal-news/15697-uk-piracy-blocklist-expands-yify-primewire-vodly-others.html

Spot On Ayup. Have rerouted as your post, have had 10mins of 1 channel (red) , 5mins of Icefilm (skyfall) and now watching Boxing from Manchester, First fight stopped in the third Andy Lee Stopped the Hungarian and now waiting for the Froch fight to cheer on the local lad. If your interested its on Sport Devil /First Row, from Sky Box Office, not sure what time the main bout starts. Thanks for the tip.

I have the sports, watched the end of the Scotland v Australia rugby match earlier on BBC2 , but use Sport Devil now and again...In Navi-X there's Sky Sports too...

I like 1 channel, but it can be a bitch at times, plus Project Free TV....

Best forum for XBMC is xbmchub.com, loads of tips and downloads.

• 2 years later...

I "cut my teeth" in programming and pirating Dishnetwork, one of our satellite providers, on a Pansat FTA satellite receiver. Every so often, Dish used to change the key's, so it was back to the computer to locate the new "keys" Then they upgraded to a new encryption, once the coders cracked it, the receiver was hooked up to the computer and the new encrption downloaded to the the receiver.

Then Dish brought out Nag3 encryption and started to go after the coders...No more pirated Dishnetwork!!

None of that BS anymore, Android devices are far easier to program and set up, still require the computer to copy apps to a memory card and load into the STB, but far easier than FTA satellite receivers.