Yet to change it's name...

Well there's a block of flats on the sky line. And in the second photo there's definitely a council house in the background. My best bet is that this is somewhere down The Meadows probably towards the Victoria Embankment. Other than that ...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A bomb is what  it needs !

Anther pub ruined  

One good point of going to my mother's/sister's in Wales the nearest McDonald's is a hour & a half's drive away  

Posted Images

this looks like the variety club on salisbury st. :ph34r:

they dont queue like that to get in many pubs. :ph34r:

Nah not Variety that's got rendering on the walls and they don't need the cops down there , it was not a queue bit of pavement drinking the pub was full , but you close , now this is a Variety Club queue .

post-29-1139314140_thumb.jpg

Guest scooterboy

Right then we shall now try this one. I have just had a taxi job to Nottingham and thought i would go in search of this place. I couldnt beleive just how close to the Variety club i was. Seeing the new house's and flats behind made me think it was around that area. So we shall go for The Marquis of Lorne. The pub sign is round the back by the lock ups on Salisbury st. This is the sign from 1986.. :ph34r:

post-29-1139532508_thumb.jpg

What were the Pi... er Cops doing?

There was a bit of an altercation and the 1st copper that turned up got the old Radford kiss , next minute half of Nottm turned up .

Did you go in Scoots for a bevy ? they now sell Dens favorite ale from the Nottm Brewery .

Its amazing what you can make with a bit of glass and some old pallets .

post-29-1139601648_thumb.jpg

• 9 years later...

They used to do a brilliant steak and kidney pie, chips and peas there.

Just right before a Forest match along with about six pints !

• 1 year later...
On Tuesday, January 31, 2006 at 4:35 PM, Bip said:

The Wheatsheaf Bobbers Mill

Well it's changed it's name now youth you can get yourself loaded up on burgers & fries 24 hours a day! Yes it's open twenty four hours of the day & you can also drive-thru, which I think means drive around?

proxy.jpg?t=HBhmaHR0cDovL3d3dy5ub3R0aW5n

A crowd of us (15/16 year olds) spent our drinking apprenticeship in there prior to descending on the youth club at St. Margaret's Church on Aspley Lane. Also had many a good Saturday night with the 'old uns' singing around the piano.

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:38 AM, catfan said:

It'll do a bomb in Aspleh tho red !

Kids taken straight there after skool, fuh their tea!!

• 5 months later...
On Tuesday, January 31, 2006 at 3:01 PM, rob237 said:

1966 picture of one of the few Nottingham pubs that retains it's original name....

Not that far from the Ring Road.

Cheers

Robt P.

post-29-1138719703_thumb.jpg

Blimey .... never seen that before?

• 11 months later...

That is the cleanest I've seen the front of the Bendigo, when I lived on the hollows 40years ago it was a right tip!!

Saw what happened to the Wheatsheaf yesterday when browsing on Google maps “unbelievable”. The Wheatsheaf was Shippo’s but even so, it did not deserve that fate. If I what I saw was correct, the Whitemeoor it still there which along with the Admiral Rodney in Woolaton were Home Ales. 5 Star bitter was like drinking the cream off the top of gold top milk. 

When I go home now I can’t get a decent pint, a crusty cheese cob or even fish and chips. But Budweiser, Subway and McDonalds are coming out the ying yang - whats wrong with yeh!

I remember both the Wheatsheaf and Whitemoor very well, having grown up in Bobbers Mill. Last time I passed, the Whitemoor was The Snooty Fox but, otherwise, little altered externally.

I rarely visit the area now. Find it painful to see how it has deteriorated.

• 1 year later...

I have just found a out a little bit  about The Bell Inn just off the Old Market Square 

Q/ What was the name of this place  before it was named The Bell Inn.?