• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A bomb is what  it needs !

Anther pub ruined  

One good point of going to my mother's/sister's in Wales the nearest McDonald's is a hour & a half's drive away  

Posted Images

radfordred Posted on Jan 31 2006, 05:08 PM

I would say The Wheatsheaf Inn on Nuthall Road 

;) Yep i would say so too.The Wheatsheaf Bobbers Mill...By the way bit of useless info here, that's where i held my Wedding reception back in 1970 also it was the first and last time my dad got drunk.....

OK do where is the ring road from there then?

I used to go to the Wheatsheaf with my parents as a child. Can anyone remember the fireworks display on Players recreation ground, not far from there?

A

B)

;) As you look at the pic the road outside the pub goes left and right, if you go left out of the picture that way is to the ringroad and right is towards Radford Hyson Green also city centre up towards Canning circus...........

;) As you look at the pic the road outside the pub goes left and right, if you go left out of the picture that way is to the ringroad and right is towards Radford Hyson Green also city centre up towards Canning circus...........

Other way round, I'd suggest...

Surely the pub is on the right heading into the city, about 300 yards from the Nuthall Rd/Western Bvd roundabout.

The route to the city is via Bobbers Mill Bridge and Alfreton Road.

Cheers

Robt P.

The Tudor, West Bridgford?????

Although, judging by the police presence could be the 'Cocked Hat' at Broxtowe...the only pub that has an ambulance parking area marked in it's car park!

Cheers

Robt P.

The Tudor, West Bridgford?????

Although, judging by the police presence could be the 'Cocked Hat' at Broxtowe...the only pub that has an ambulance parking area marked in it's car park!

Cheers

Robt P.

Nah Cocked Hats been flattened , this might help one of the roads leading to the pub .......bit over the top 19 panda cars - 4 vans - 1 riot van - 2 dog vans - 2 ambulances - 1 helicopter .

post-29-1138745563_thumb.jpg

rob237 Posted: Jan 31 2006, 07:32 PM 

QUOTE (Black ice Picasso @ Jan 31 2006, 04:47 PM)

As you look at the pic the road outside the pub goes left and right, if you go left out of the picture that way is to the ringroad and right is towards Radford Hyson Green also city centre up towards Canning circus........... 

Other way round, I'd suggest...

Surely the pub is on the right heading into the city, about 300 yards from the Nuthall Rd/Western Bvd roundabout.

The route to the city is via Bobbers Mill Bridge and Alfreton Road.

Cheers

Robt P. 

Strongly disagree there Rob, if we are looking at the Wheatsheaf from the junction at the bottom of Aspley lane, Nuthall road and Alfreton road, Bobbers Mill Bridge is on the right, so therefore you would go left to Western Boulivard [Ring Road] and right towards the city up Alfreton rd to Cannong circus...

You my be confussing another pub which if you are coming from Western boulivard [Ring Road] is on the right side, at the moment i cannot think of it's name but nodoubt someone will come in on this one.....

That sounds about right to me Den,not sure about the other pub though,could it be The Whitemoor as once was??

The picture shows the pub frontage.

You suggest "left out of the picture that way is to the ringroad" etc

I simply saying that, as the pub is on the right heading into town - having already crossed the ringroad at Western Bvd - that the ringroad has to be to the right.

Are you meaning out of the pub, or out of the picture?

Cheers

Robt P.

Perhaps I'm confusing the Whitemoor with the Wheatsheaf?

If the Wheatsheaf is the nearer to the town (on the left going in down Nuthall Road) I'm obliged to apologise by crawling lower than a snakes belly bowdown

Cheers

Robt P.

post-29-1138977561_thumb.jpg

I would say The Wheatsheaf Inn on Nuthall Road

Correct.....your turn !congrats!

Cheers

Robt P.

So do i still win ? The 1st picture in the tread was the Wheatsheaf , which you thought was the Whitemoor , which has changed it's name it's now the Snooty fox .

Have you all given up with my pub surrounded by the fuzz ? there's a clue in the skyline in the 1st picture , you don't need to be no James Bond !!

post-29-1139174775_thumb.jpg

;) So The Whitemoor is the Snooty Fox now???

:Friends: Regarding your latest pic, i really haven't a clue red..

I could make a guess but i know i'm wrong. With the amount of people outside is it the Variety Club, i know i'm wrong, but you never know, things do change don't they?