Mariusz krezolek and Magdelena Luczak, the Polish couple who tortured and killed 4 year old Daniel Pelka, have been sentenced to life with a minimum 30 years in prison. These people are pure evil and I hope they rot in hell. Anyone who knows what this poor boy went through would surely agree with me. I would like to add more to this post but I know that the Admin would delete it.

• Upvote 1

I just cannot understand why the teachers at his school, having seen him trying to find food in waste bins and off the floor, did nothing because his "mother" told the school not to feed him because he had an eating disorder! Dreadful.

I suppose we will foot the bill for their incarceration. If EU rules dictate that they should stay here, then make EU pay.

Then again as I stated on another topic " Bring on the vigilantes "........The Wild Bunch, The Magnificent 7, Charles Bronson character in Death Wish, The Expendables, Arnie, Rambo, John Wayne, The Chindits, Rebus.

Oh dear, I'll have to sit down and have my medication.

Commo I totally agree, what were his teachers thinking ! I am a retired SNT, but when we noticed anything unusual we filled in a comment log which was checked each day. There is to much emphasis now on the stand back and wait and see. There are now a lot of young teachers who do not have the confidence to stand up and demand that something be done and if necessary DO IT. Something to be said for age and experience, but again all that will be done is to have another enquiry how many before they get it right.

• Upvote 2

Let's all hope they're incarcerated with some others who feel the fury & anger we all feel, & aren't afraid to take revenge, on these scum. More likely is that they'll have many more thousands spent on 'Drug rehabilitation' etc etc.............................. madashell

Sit them down, not too gently, on a fast growing palm inserted where the sun don't shine, an old Japanese custom from WW2 I believe

I suppose we will foot the bill for their incarceration. If EU rules dictate that they should stay here, then make EU pay.

Who pays for the EC, the European tax payers, in other words if the EC dictated that they should stay, the British tax payer will pay in the end.

The punishment should fit the crime. There's a lot to be said for the Old Testament edict of an eye for an eye....

But then again the do gooder brigade would be crying about their "human rights" But what about Daniels Rights? Surely for crimes like this they forfeit their rights!

• Upvote 2

What really gets my goat is that a lady from Coventry Social Services said on the 10 oclock news tonight that lessons should be learnt from this, which is exactly what the head of Haringay Social Services said following th death of baby 'P'. Time for some shake up and salary reductions me thinks

You always see these officials 'talking heads', as I call them, on TV after the fact spouting "Lessons will be learned"

Having worked alongside social services on Child neglect cases, the grass roots Social workers are under staffed and under pressure, like many public services including the Police and health service. Understaffed because lots of money goes to fund executive managers who sit on their fat backsides and try their best to avoid any responsibility when things go badly wrong.

Saw one of the talking heads on TV tonight saying...

"Heads must roll is not necessarily the answer?"

YES IT IS, its the perfect answer!

Well said, Mick.

Trouble is that they're sometimes damned if they do take action, and damned if they don't. The poor bloody infantry can't win either way.

And I'd guess that for every case like this, or Peter Connolly, there are dozens more where they have managed to remove at-risk children to safety. But those don't get reported.

When my daughter had her fourth a few months back she was home within two hours. The midwife attending to her the next day said this was the youngest child she had seen in its home. Noticing a tiny blood shot eye her attitude changed and she asked many questions that brought my daughter to tears. It turned out that the problem had been noticed as the time of birth but not logged. I am so pleased that this midwife did her job correctly despite the upset she caused, by getting involved and taking up her precious time by checking the facts with the maternity unit and taking the time to phone and apologise for the upset caused.

This gave confidence in our Nottingham Services. All to often these people seem unwilling to get involved in these matters and it is about time that those doing the job in a slap dash manner learned those lessons they say will be learnt immediately with instant dismissal.

• 2 weeks later...

Mariusz krezolek and Magdelena Luczak, the Polish couple who tortured and killed 4 year old Daniel Pelka, have been sentenced to life with a minimum 30 years in prison. These people are pure evil and I hope they rot in hell. Anyone who knows what this poor boy went through would surely agree with me. I would like to add more to this post but I know that the Admin would delete it.

I'm with you friend. people like that are hard to understand, one reason I needed to study and work in Psychology.

It's heartbreaking, and makes me angry that no one acted to stop this. Strange as it may seem. evil people like that get a kick out of it. they have no conscience, and will now probably be more concerned with being locked up, than what they did. They are demonized. but be assured. they will get their comeuppance. 30 years is no justice.

​In my career, I met and worked with murderers in secure units. and I tell you, most of them were just normal people in fact many likable who made a terrible mistake. What worried me was not those,locked up, but those still out there. Those who did this, will have a life of hell in prison. The underworld may give word to those others inside to make it possible.

May they have a slow and painful death

on second thoughts...

May they have a long and painful life

They are evil, I am against capital punishment, but something like this, makes me think my beliefs, may be wrong.

I am against capital punishment too. but I can't blame you for feeling this way. I always thought execution was too quick and easy.rather, have them live, give them hard labor, make them suffer and regret being born. Some will say about the cost for keeping them alive and that's a valid point. But what ever we do. crimes like this are becoming increasingly and worryingly common.Execution has never really been a good deterrent.. It's a very complex subject, and difficult to understand.that anyone could even contemplate anything like this. It says a lot about today's society. and our direction. Violence on Tv Games,ect has got to have some affect.I'm still shocked and stunned.It's a wicked world.

Sit them down, not too gently, on a fast growing palm inserted where the sun don't shine, an old Japanese custom from WW2 I believe

Shakazulu comes to mind Mick. impaling them on sharpened posts up their Jackseys. Please do not try this at home. De Da.

Maybe a Cactus might be better.

50 to 1 we hear that all encompassing sentence. 'Enquiry and then we will learn the lesson's'.

My question is, how many bladdy lesson's do you need before you actually learn something.

Colin

So true friend how many more. What gets me as well. if a social body or what ever gets an inquiry it can be heard years after the event. at high costs. Too many overpaid good for nothings sat on their fat behinds who don't do their job properly. and little communication and continuity between each other. Makes me angry. then they don't give a proper apology from the heart. they look as they have done nothing wrong. and pass the book.

I'm not afraid to say what I think and feel at times. Why arn't authorities monitored more often by independent observers, probably because it would cost too much bloomin money.

I was asked to take over a department of social services once. turned it down.

Give the psychological torture, that can be the worst. Sad that the child must have gone through that too.