Pixie

and this is why, i will forever hate drugs.

You got it. And that's probably the reason why certain high up agencies would like to legalise drugs.

I read this morning that George Michael had been battling heroin addiction for years, and that Carrie Fisher had been indulging in various types of substance abuse for many years also. Maybe our sympathies are unfounded at times, regarding people who constantly engage in dangerous and unlawful practices, and then pay the ultimate price.

I know what you mean FLY, but it's not easy to find musical greats that haven't battled drink or drugs at some time.

I know TBI. Its most likely the drink and drugs have enhanced what would probably have been mediocre careers in a lot of cases.

Yes, Fly, probably right. Interestingly it's not just a modern phenomenon. Quite a few classical composers were well into drugs and drink.

Also film 'stars' of the 20's to the 50's, and we all thought of them as squeaky clean. It's just that a bit of scandal is blown up out of all proportion these days. 

We were talking on another thread about composers who seemed to have some other force dictate the music to them.  Perhaps drink and drugs increase that effect. Then you are hooked.

• Upvote 1