Hi Paul both those names draw a blank with me unfortunately.

A few years back I nipped up the Dale for a bit of a look around, and to be honest apart from a new block on the right as you walked up towards the top playground not much had changed. I used to see Ernest quite often out on the road with he's truck, he worked for a building supply company, and i also bumped into Martin Foody, unfortunately in Les than ideal circumstances at a family funeral.

Allan.

• 2 weeks later...

hi.i was at st bernadettes from 1961 to 1966.i was in the same year,as john nowakowski, mick Marecki, bohdan lesiuk. gee gee or zbnigew Gwardzinski.who sadly passed away on the 18th December still only 64. i was the manager of the ELwes Arms pub at the top of oakdale road for 14 years left in 2004nwhen this bald headed chap came in and said hello and pronounced my name. i didn't recognise him it was trigger.mr tregaskes..

jan kononowicz class r2

• 4 months later...

Just a long shot, I am looking to contact the family of old headmaster John Casey (probably Old Man Casey, "the sadist", post by Big Mac, 15.8.13, lol!). I have some personal effects that have been passed to me following the death of a mutual friend and which I believe should now be returned to his family, but I need to find them. This is what I know about him.

He was born in Ireland about 1897, I think in Kerry and died in Old Basford in 1976. I believe he had a wife and child(ren) who he was estranged from and who remained in Ireland when he came to Nottingham to take over from his brother Daniel at St Bernadettes. He lived alone in Basford but of course never married again as he was Catholic.

Does anyone have any information to help me track his family/children down in Ireland? Many thanks for reading and for any information that you may have.

Carole.

• 2 years later...

Hi just found this site while trying to google my old school. I went to St. Bernadettes 79-84. 

My mind is a bit foggy these days but I definitely remember 'hoppo' the old mean sonofabitch woodwork teacher as he was still there in '84. 

Mr Grealy was the headmaster and was as nice a man as you could wish to meet, sorry to hear of his passing. 

If anyone from around that time can remember me (Phil) I would love to hear from you. I was in ignatious class (no idea how to spell that). 

Michael Q was a good friend, not seen for donkeys years,

also Gino, not seen since the day I left. 

Looking forward to any replies.