Strange guys at river festival yesterday?.

I thought the 'de da' in your name, Pete, referred to a police car! I still call them de-da's, much to everyone's blank look over here!

Threre used to be a really good Juke Box repair man in Sheffield but I can't for the life of me remebr his name. He may have traded under the name "The Juke Box Man"? he had a small shop not far from the ring road.

My dad came from Sheffield. Lived in a small yard that was demolished by the German air force in WWII just after he joined up. It was somewhere near Sheffield Wednesday's football ground.

My only other ter do with Sheffild is that I went to watch the Embassy world snooker quarter fiinals in 1977. I saw Big Bill Werbenuik, Ray Reardon, Eddie Charlton and Cliff "The Grinder" Thorburn.

Take a look through some of the older threads in the forums and enjoy :)

I'm still having nightmares. My shrink suggests aversion therapy. De Da Pete.

Welcome De Da Pete! Well it seems you have plenty of hobbies and interests, you put most of us to shame! Hope you enjoy the Nottstalgia community and look forward to reading your posts.

Thank you so much Kind Lady. what a great welcoming site!.. No wonder I gave fell in love with your beautiful county.I have found home at last!. Need to visit your beautiful city again today. it's my therapy. thank you. De Da Pete.

Welcome De Da Pete! Well it seems you have plenty of hobbies and interests, you put most of us to shame! Hope you enjoy the Nottstalgia community and look forward to reading your posts.

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I love it here, my heart has found a home at last. I love this site!. thank you. Take good csre. Warm best wishes. De Da Pete.

Threre used to be a really good Juke Box repair man in Sheffield but I can't for the life of me remebr his name. He may have traded under the name "The Juke Box Man"? he had a small shop not far from the ring road.

My dad came from Sheffield. Lived in a small yard that was demolished by the German air force in WWII just after he joined up. It was somewhere near Sheffield Wednesday's football ground.

My only other ter do with Sheffild is that I went to watch the Embassy world snooker quarter fiinals in 1977. I saw Big Bill Werbenuik, Ray Reardon, Eddie Charlton and Cliff "The Grinder" Thorburn.

Take a look through some of the older threads in the forums and enjoy :)

Yes I remember the jukebox man, near the railway station, also in Darnal, he had a small shop. I love jukeboxes. I once bought a book on jukeboxes, for around £2,, sold it on ebay, I got something like 550 views, sold it for around £15. Wish I had bought 100's. the color pictures were amazing.

Sorry to hear about your Fathe. that must have been terrifying. During the bombing in Sheffield, a city pub called the marples, was bombed, while a dance was taking place. many people died, and are still buried under the road today, as they couldn't get to them because of all the floors collapsing. Joe Davis the first world snooker champion, had just left minutes before. Sheffield was bombed badly. an old lady on the radio phoned in, claimed, when she was a little girl in Neveredge, she waved to a German bomber piolet and he waved back, he was carrying so many bombs, he had to fly low. A flying fortress, avoiding houses crashed into Endcliffe park, all died.

My mothers friend once told me, ''If it wasn't for Hitler, she wouldn't have met her husband, as the bombing was so bad, his family moved to the countryside,.

Areas near Hillsborough, 'the darker side of the town'. Shirecliffe, Parsons cross ( if you haven't got a knife in your back when you go their, you got one coming back) .Owlerton, Firevale, Southy green, Saw Cliff Thorburn coaching at the snooker about 2 years ago. Bill Warbuneck bless him. lived in Worksop for some time, on an old double decker bus, then a house. It was said he needed around 14 pints just to steady his nerves before a match.

Thank you for the info,.take care, De Da Pete.

• Upvote 1

Still don't know who those strange guys were. it's bugging me, still having nightmares, last night I dreamn't they were chasing me through th Victoria shopping center. It was difficult Having to run in high heels, how women stand upin em?.

Help mi someone, I've got sum horrible pictures in mi mind that will haunt me forever.having to sleep with the light on, and one eye open just in case. De Da.

• 6 years later...