I added two photos to this thread but when I put the cursor over the photo 'external link' appeared. When I clicked on it I was taken to my private albums, so I've deleted them. One was a 'Finney bus' outside Rushcliffe in 2002 and the other was a sign stating 'I've been a Finney passenger'.

You were correct, StephenFord (#2). The bus was reddish brown and cream.

I can remember Finney's buses in West Bridgford back in the 60's and 70's, but am unable to give you any more info guys, sorry.........

Were all the brown/cream buses Finney's? It was out of my territory so all I knew was that brown buses went to Bridgford district from the South side of the square.

There seem to be quite a few photos of Finney on Friends Reunited.

Hover your mouse over the first image which appears, and then click on the arrow to the right. There are several more photos.

http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/if-you-never-got-the-chance-to-catch-the-finney-bus-after-school-you-haven-t-li/Memory/10b10918-0611-4ba0-b3b5-f9322c82e8db

I think Finney was a bit of a bus nutter (like a few other people I could mention - guilty as charged yer honour!) and deplored the loss of the West Bridgford UDC operation after it was absorbed by NCT in Autumn 1968. Provided he could provide someone with a certificate of professional competence to run the show, and didn't apply for routes that competed with existing operators, there was no reason why the traffic commissioners would refuse the application. There were two routes I think, and both terminated at ASDA (formerly Gem) on Loughborough Road. In order to avoid objections from NCT I seem to remember the routes were slightly obscure, currting across WB, and having virtually nothing in common with an NCT service. The one on the PTP picture may have gone via Melton Road, Rectory Road, Abbey Road, Rutland Road and Seymour Road to Trent Boulevard.