How did you choose your login name?

I'll start you off. When I joined Nottstalgia I owned a big black Lab. His long black ears ended up with him being nicknamed "Loppylugs." Seemed like good name for my online persona. Solly the Lab died three years ago, one of the best dogs I have ever owned. SWMBO decided another large Lab might be a bit too much for us at our advancing age so thought we should get a Beagle! This guy has even longer ears than Sol so the tradition continues.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always wanted to be an orphan when I was young, because you got to go on the Sunday School outings for free! I also read a lot of Enid Blyton books about adventures at boarding schools and was sure

When people hear my nickname 'Chulla' for the first time they invariably ask how it came about - it happened twice at one of the Nottstalgia meet-ups. It comes from schoolboy silliness back in 1953

I used to know the reason why I chose this name buraffergorritt

My Mum gave it me as a C.B "Handle" in the early 80's, Cause I was always a 'big lad'. !!

Born and bred in Comyn Street, and the street known to all as "Commo", hence the name. Great Freeman Street was "Freemo", but that was the extent of our innovation! Alfred St was just that, obviously we did not like the sound of "Alfo"!

• Like 1

Hiya,

We used to have two Irish Red Setters. But sadly the one called Sharmi died at 18months from' Parva Virus', when we got over the sadness, we had another, i wanted a name close to Sharmi and came up with Carni, They lived long happy lives and at 11yrs and 10yrs they passed away within 10days of each other,So my lovely Red Setter is where i got my name from.

Carni

• Upvote 2

I use my own name in case anyone out there knows me and may wish to be in contact. (Not likely). I have used psuedonyms in the past for other reasons and it always worked against me, so I stick to my own name for all other things.

• Like 1

Sorry Carni , I really do apologise, but I miss read that as 'It died from Parma violets' !! and sprayed coffee on my keyboard !!

• Upvote 2

Well me & the missus like cats.

Over the years we have had many. Sadly we only have two nowadays, we have decided that when these two have gone we won't have any more. Us getting old & Vet costs are frightening.

We have had some really lovely cats & every one had a different personality.

Memories to cherish.

Gus, who we lost last year.

p1010132-web.jpg

Monty now aged fifteen years, a stray that moved in 8 years ago !

P1030692833x544.jpg

Sam, when our next door neighbours moved out, they "Forgot" to take him with them, been here six years.

P1030776600x396.jpg

Just seemed appropriate for a Nottm site.

And Commo, my Aunty lived in Comyn Street in the 50's until she moved to Clifton Estate, Glover is her name and my Uncle worked as a Clerk for a coal business somewhere near there....Can't elaborate much more as it was a long time back now.

Fancied something different to Kath, so katy and jay is the first initial of me surname. I was Britgal on another forum, this is me license plate on me car, and Arizonakid on another forum, cos that's where I live. I'm still a kid at heart.

goo on, I dare you, nay, I double dare you! It can't be that bad, can it? When folks ask me what my middle name is I tell them I don't have one, which is the truth, none of the 3 of us kids had one. Folks don't believe me and think it's something so bad, I can't tell them!

My middle name is John, and always been called John from as far back as I remember, can't for the life of me see why my Mum gave me a first name......LOL

I even signed all statutory reports required under the coal mine acts as J......and my last name,

Cos its me name in one word, those who know me 'Mick2me'

Since around 1994 when I went on Dialup through Innotts.co.uk The Internet in Nottingham...

(Whatever happened to Alan & Cindy Copsey?)

Twas my alter ego as a child. A name I made up for myself and resurrected in this techno age as my alias slywink

Melton, because it is my 2nd name and not after the town............ Stilton is after the cheese which is made in the Vale of Belvoir where I grew up.

At first I thought of using only Stilton, but my wife said use Meltonstilton, because they both go together, and they sound like a proper name.

• Upvote 1