How did you choose your login name?

I chose Bilborough as the first part of my login name because that is where I grew up. I was very happy living there as a child and a teenager. Great memories. I had good friends who lived in Wollaton. The parents of one friend looked down their noses at me because I came from a council estate. This never upset me or got in the way of our friendship, I just ignored their comments and stayed true to my home district. I think these days my way of dealing with their snobbery would be described as "passive aggression"! It worked for me.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always wanted to be an orphan when I was young, because you got to go on the Sunday School outings for free! I also read a lot of Enid Blyton books about adventures at boarding schools and was sure

When people hear my nickname 'Chulla' for the first time they invariably ask how it came about - it happened twice at one of the Nottstalgia meet-ups. It comes from schoolboy silliness back in 1953

I used to know the reason why I chose this name buraffergorritt

Mine is pretty obvious I think.... :)

The last, and probably the only half interesting thing I did in Nottm was to DJ at the 360 Club.

It's all been downhill since.. :laugh:

I use my nickname and my son's number when he started playing football for Calverton Colts at U9 LEVEL.

I always wanted to be an orphan when I was young, because you got to go on the Sunday School outings for free! I also read a lot of Enid Blyton books about adventures at boarding schools and was sure that if I were an orphan I would be sent there. My middle name is Ann and after my parents passed away I used to remind my elder sister I'm now an orphan, and my nickname of Orphan Annie came about.

Of course the reality is it is not that great........

• Upvote 8

My name is Brenda and I am Nonna to my grandchildren. ( sometimes just Mrs Brenda)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I thought nonna was their interpretation of nana or nanna. Thanks Brenda.

• 2 years later...

Benjamin is my middle name,,Dad and Grandad were Benjamins,,never liked it at school,,,some of my Dads old mates always call me Ben,,,and nowadays i love it,,Dad and Grandad were lovely blokes,,and if i am half as nice as them i'm well pleased,,

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Gem said:

Is it possible to change your name .

Why would i want to Gem ?........lol

31 minutes ago, jonab said:

A problem with changing your name here is that the references to your original name in the forum text will become meaningless/anonymous

Never thought of that, it would have been a very easy change as my name is Meg. Will stay as i am.

I was 18 , just left Bestwood pit, lived on Bestwood Estate, Liked weekends at the coast ,I could not afford accommodation so slept in beach shelters. They found this out so I was told I was only fit to live in caves. Hence my nickname.

• Like 4