School Uniform Shops 1950/60s

I was told recently, by someone in the know that at one particular Nottinghamshire school there are 3 'transgender' pupils!  it must be terrible to feel that you're in the wrong body but for goodness sake, surely a school-age child is too young to take that plunge? 

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jill, we were walking around a swap meet (mostly tat market!) this morning and there was 1 fella on his lonesome wearing saffron robes. Made me think of both you and Chulla!

We are born male or female!  That's it!  I don't care what we might think we are, or what some PC idiot tries to persuade us that we are.   Putting on a skirt will not change that.  Just mak

The only reason we are here is to pro-create,to carry on the species so what useful purpose do homosexuals serve? they have even corrupted the English language,years ago the word "Gay" meant happy,jol

It just goes to show what those kids have been in contact with information and media wise Lizzie. Certainly they've been drastically influenced by someone in close proximity. 

I wish they'd be allowed to grow up naturally just as we were.

• Upvote 2

Not the ones I've been told about Catfan, they're all at one particular Senior School. Wonder which changing room they go in to change for Games lessons?  Oh forgot, the school sports fields don't really exist anymore!  

• Upvote 2

Not if it involves bodily contact. It's now more centred around pacifism, social awareness and other useless twaddle.

• Upvote 2

You couldn't make it up !

smack in the bloody earhole comes to mind here,disgraceful behaviour from the school,the authorities and the unfit parents,to think this sort of behaviour was illegal in my life time and should still be today,call me old fashioned,bloody glad I am too

Rog

• Upvote 2

I do think its a very fine line when we we are born as to what sex we we will be..............and as Lizzie says it must be awful to grow up in the wrong body............when the majority of us were at school,i'm sure most of us never heard of 'Transgender' Gay' or Homosexuality etc i certainly didnt...........if a lad was a bit timid or shy and reserved,we just thought thats him a 'nice gentle soul'......or if a girl was a bit 'butch' she was a 'tom-boy'.......and mostly that was the case,........then in the 60s and 70s......the gay and lesbian scene started to immerge and slowly became accepted mostly just in comedys 'Carry ons'....and certain comedians..............i think in this more enlightened age its good that the young can open up about their identities without being ridiculed by their elders....who should know better.......in the 50s they would have suffered at school from their peers..............i don't believe thats the case nowdays.

We tend to knock the young...........but they can teach us a thing or two on some things

• Upvote 2

I can just imagine what would have happened to us gentle souls incarcerated at The Manning Penitentiary for Bright Girls with grey flannel knickers if one of us had said we'd rather be male. We'd have been expeditiously expelled. That's what!

You might be wondering why I didn't think of that. :wacko:. I hated The Manning with a passion but there is a limit to how low I would sink to escape!  ;)

• Upvote 2

We are born male or female!  That's it!  I don't care what we might think we are, or what some PC idiot tries to persuade us that we are.

Putting on a skirt will not change that.  Just make a lad look silly.

When my daughters were in school if there had been some lad in their change room thinking he was a girl they would have had very politically incorrect trouble from me.

Edited to add.  To me that is what is wrong with the Sodomite lobby, Ben.  It seems to me that they are not content to just gain acceptance.  Rather, they want us all to accept it.  Who would have ever believed that Sodomite 'marriage' would have ever been accepted.  That is no marriage.  Give it an inch and it will take a mile.  

• Upvote 5

We are too quiet.  I guess you can tell this rattles my chain and I haven't said a word about the Biblical view of all this.

When my youngest daughter was in middle school a male teacher wrote a certain word on the board beginning with F we are all familiar with it, unfortunately.  He told the class that it was short for,  get this!!!    For, Unlawful Carnal, Knowledge.   I kid you not.

i went up there and went up one side of the little twerp and down the other.  The principal just waffled over it.  Did any other parent go after the idiot.  Not as far as I know.  Do we wonder why kids can swear better than a drunken sailor?

BTW. I never swore at him.  John Cleese was a master of the verbal put down without cussing.

• Upvote 3

I made no mention of Sex per say or Sodomy..........i merely say a childs sexuality can be displayed in many ways when growing up........the toys it prefers the games it plays etc.........whose to say what is normal.......the child knows its preferences.....and who are we to stifle them,.............

• Upvote 2

At Berridge in the early 60s...infants...there were 4 or 5 little boys who were obviously going to grow up to be gay. Not that we knew anything about being gay at that age but we were aware that they didn't participate in the kind of activities the 'boys' did. They always played amongst the girls, were impeccably dressed with clean nails, hands and knees, unfailingly polite and very empathetic to anyone who was upset. I don't recall there being any name-calling or derogatory comments. What happened at secondary school I don't know.  I've always thought that 4 or 5 was rather a large number for an intake of around 50 children. However, when you read about how many well known people are gay these days, perhaps it wasn't.

So far as I am aware, all of them are still alive and kicking.

• Upvote 3

Guess I misunderstood you, Ben. Mia Culpa.  Nothing wrong with a little girl playing with a train set.  My oldest one was nuts about trains.  Or a boy being interested in some girls toys, although that seems less common.

Seems the problems arise when some wise guy psychologist or some such decides that the boy must therefore be a girl and an impressionable youngster buys the who baloney.

• Upvote 2

Kids of that age don't even know what sex is or mean, let children grow up innocent like they should be,there is enough for them to worry when they do get older until then leave them to grow up naturally not what their parents want them to be

Rog

• Upvote 2

I always remember my daughter growing up in Bulwell & all the local schools. She often mentioned a young lad who everyone suspected he was homosexual. More interested in girlie things than lads things.

Years later my daughter was queuing with her mates to go into a city nightclub & said lad turned up. He said he had an announcement to make that he was homosexual.

All the crowd fell about laughing saying they had known for the past twenty years.

• Upvote 2

Exactly Rog.............and as they get older listen to their views........don't just dictate yours.........

At the end of the day these youngsters are our future,all of us and our country's future thats why they need to grow naturally,girls being girls and boys being boys,seeing all this acceptance of the un natural is harmfull not only to the ones concerned but to all around them,I feel really sorry for our young people,no wonder they are confused and rebel against everything

Rog

• Upvote 1

Back in 1972 my wife a hairdresser worked in a salon in Radford, a small establishment with only one changing room. The sole male employee 'queer as a nine bob note' took to walking in when the girls were getting changed, in his words "it does not matter as he had no interest in females". The owners husband a mate of mine let me know, I found a split lip along with black eye and swollen nuts soon sorted the problem.

• Upvote 1

So far as I am concerned Jill if you have a todger between your legs you don't walk in to a room full of half dressed ladies specially if one of them is my wife.

Anyway up going to sit with said lady and have a glass or two goodnight all..........

• Upvote 2