No I have not discounted this Mary Harvey as I think it is quite likely a relative but not a direct line back. I shall wait and see what her death certificate reveals.

I think this is Mary Harvey and family, who died 1923 and whose death was in the Post and whose Letters of Administration I found. Administrator was Harold Harvey, Newsagent.

Harold Harvey Age: 13 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1888 Relation: Son Father's Name: George Harvey Mother's Name: Mary Harvey Gender: Male Where born: Nottinghamshire, England Civil Parish: Nottingham Ecclesiastical parish: St Saviour County/Island: Nottinghamshire Country: England

Street Address:

Registration District: Nottingham Sub-registration District: Nottingham South East ED, institution, or vessel: 29 Neighbors: View others on page Household Schedule Number: 90 Piece: 3172 Folio: 66 Page Number: 15 Household Members: Name Age George Harvey 34 Mary Harvey 34 Harold Harvey 13 Edward Harvey 10 Emily Harvey 7

George was born Kneeton. In 1901 the above family was living in Mayfield Grove

In 1911, Harold Harvey, Wholesale Newsagents Assistant, age 23, was living with his wife, Ethel, at 1 Norwell Terrace, Ryeland Cres.

Thank you. Unfortunately I cannot see all of the ancestry.com as I am not subscribed. However, I have a George Harvey b. 1867 at Kneeton. He was the younger brother of the Mary I am looking for who was b. Flintham 1864. Info on 1871 census family living at Kneeton at the time. Father of both; Edward Harvey b. 1838/9 at Newark.

Also perhaps I should mention I am unable to find my Mary (b.1864) and her eldest son Ernest (b.1888) on the 1891 census. Nearest I can find is Mary b. 1854 and her son Ernest b. 1888 in Bulwell workhouse. Might she have lied about her age to get in there or could this be a typo on the records?

Thank you. Unfortunately I cannot see all of the ancestry.com as I am not subscribed. However, I have a George Harvey b. 1867 at Kneeton. He was the younger brother of the Mary I am looking for who was b. Flintham 1864. Info on 1871 census family living at Kneeton at the time. Father of both; Edward Harvey b. 1838/9 at Newark.

Also perhaps I should mention I am unable to find my Mary (b.1864) and her eldest son Ernest (b.1888) on the 1891 census. Nearest I can find is Mary b. 1854 and her son Ernest b. 1888 in Bulwell workhouse. Might she have lied about her age to get in there or could this be a typo on the records?

Please ignore what I said about Bulwell workhouse. Findmypast website was down and I was working from memory. Its Highbury Road Workhouse and there was a Mary in there of the right age but claimed to be married. That I suppose could be another lie.

Have you got Ernest's birth cert? If so, you could check the address on there to see if they were still there in 1891.

No I haven't but it is a good idea. I have just done the basic search for the details on Findmypast. and the most likely one to be correct is an unnamed Harvey in 1888. It just gets worse. I shall send for his Birth cert in due course.

BTW I have had a look at your website. Do you charge for searches on there or do you do it for a hobby?

All you Johnny-come-later contributors to this Medders Burials thread know nothink.

In my time we used to build a Barrow on the Reccie, with a stone circle around it and burn a few Druids for entertainment. My favourite rite was when they threw vestal virgins off the Castle Rock, and all Medders residents would get drunk on mead and dance naked whilst descending down Mortimers 'ole. The Reccie went downhill when they installed the slippery dip, roundabouts and swings which lowered the tone of the place. The burial records are recorded in rune inscriptions buried at the Brierley Street corner of the Reccie about 3 fathoms down.

• Upvote 3

Its a fairly common name but there is this Marys funeral in 1823 ?

BIRTHS. MARRIAGES. AND DEATHS. Births Marriages, Deaths, Sympathy,
Saturday. HARVEY.—On March 22nd, at 173 Wilford-grove, Mary, widow the late George (of Wilford-crescent West ).
Nottingham Evening Post
East Midlands, England
23/03/1923
Family Notice

Done a bit more poking around. This George Harvey is the younger brother of the Mary Harvey (b.1864 ) that I am looking for info. on. His wife Mary, that you have found the obituary for is not a blood relative but the wife of George. He has the eldest son Harold (newsagent) that you have found. On the 1891 census they were living at 3, Collingham Terrace, St. Mary.

I think this is Mary Harvey and family, who died 1923 and whose death was in the Post and whose Letters of Administration I found. Administrator was Harold Harvey, Newsagent.

Harold Harvey Age: 13 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1888 Relation: Son Father's Name: George Harvey Mother's Name: Mary Harvey Gender: Male Where born: Nottinghamshire, England Civil Parish: Nottingham Ecclesiastical parish: St Saviour County/Island: Nottinghamshire Country: England

Street Address:

Registration District: Nottingham Sub-registration District: Nottingham South East ED, institution, or vessel: 29 Neighbors: View others on page Household Schedule Number: 90 Piece: 3172 Folio: 66 Page Number: 15 Household Members: Name Age George Harvey 34 Mary Harvey 34 Harold Harvey 13 Edward Harvey 10 Emily Harvey 7

George was born Kneeton. In 1901 the above family was living in Mayfield Grove

In 1911, Harold Harvey, Wholesale Newsagents Assistant, age 23, was living with his wife, Ethel, at 1 Norwell Terrace, Ryeland Cres.

Yes. Found similar info on 1891 census. George Harvey is the Mary I am looking for info on's younger brother. Mary above is his wife with sons Harold, Edward and daughter Winifred.. They were living at 3 Collingham Terrace, St. Mary, in 1891

• 2 weeks later...

The Pianoman. # 1 and several other posts.

Have spoken to my aunt who was born at 15 Queens Grove in 1929 and she has no recollection of the Harvey family ...... not surprising really. She said that the first family living at No. 21 that she remembers were the Ridgleys who had 8 children (and she remembers all their names still). They moved there from Waterway Street.

The Pianoman. # 1 and several other posts.

Have spoken to my aunt who was born at 15 Queens Grove in 1929 and she has no recollection of the Harvey family ...... not surprising really. She said that the first family living at No. 21 that she remembers were the Ridgleys who had 8 children (and she remembers all their names still). They moved there from Waterway Street.

Thanks for inquiring anyway but I suppose it was a long shot. Sometime before 1911 they had moved to Blackstone Street which I believe was pretty well across the road. The more I find, the more turns up. My fathers mother had a previous short lived marriage, it must have been bad as she was divorced in no time at all which I don't think was normal in 1916-18 sort of period. My father had a half brother as a result of this. She would have lived on Derwent Street at the time. Her first married name was Prince. According to the 1901 census, the people living at no 23 Queens Grove were named Prince. I don't know yet whether it was the same Prince or not but I shall find out in due course - somehow! The plot just thickens as I go along.