You didn't miss much carni!

We have systems in place to stop spambots getting through (most of the time) but somebody sneaked through the door on this occasion. You might have noticed a large number of meaningless messages (even more than usual) were appearing in the forums. Probably a good job you didn't look at them or click on anything which was there.

I've just spent the last 20 minutes deleting them all. It should be safe to come out again now.

Thanks for explaining,I guessed it was some thing like that, though i haven't seen it before, I had looked in at one before i noticed, but didn't sign in when i realised all was not right. There's always some one trying to ruin things for others.Well Done to you all for sorting them out.

You may have received this as an email notification to a topic you subscribed to.

Its not possible for another member to get your email address.

Never click on links in such emails or posts from someone you don't know The accompanying post will usually be nonsense,

but all nonsense posts on this board are not necessarily spammers :)

Spammer originates in China and was probably a Bot.

Dont know how they got through as the mail used is listed in stopforumspam.com database which is automatically checked before each new member can complete registration?

Cheers Mick2me,

I went on a course to learn the very basis of how to use a computer and one of the first important things we were taught was never to open any thing if we were not sure of the origins, so straight away i was on my guard this morning. Thank you for your advice i am always willing to learn. I will always do my best to stay safe on the computer,and always stay in the bounds of Nottstalga Rules.

Great advice. never open unknown emails files.Hope you enjoy your course we all have to learn, take care De Da.

How many were there in the end , there were about 25 when I PMd you Mick, I was on my way out and they were still on and posting then (around 7am)