Is there or has there ever been a Shorwood Farm on Watnall Road Hucknall? Surely it is ShorTwood Farm. There is a Shortwood Road

Shortwood farm on ordnance survey maps is classed as Trowell Moore once considered for opencast mining until the UK Coal went into administration recently

Shortwood farm on ordnance survey maps is classed as Trowell Moore once considered for opencast mining until the UK Coal went into administration recently

Thanks. I had seen that one. I have found this on the 1891 census. Shorwood Farm (no T spelling mistake on census?) is clearly marked as Watnall Road Hucknall Torkard

Another puzzle for you . This from the Stamford Mercury 1909 mentioning a Harvey and Shortwood Farm . Wonder why they needed to advertise in Lincs ?

I haven't read the actual advert (no credit) and this is the snippet that the OCR software has translated , so not sure if "Miss Capps" is connected or if its the start of another advert .

—Mr?. Harvey, Shortwood Farm, Hucknall. Notts. WANTED, capable Person, about 30. to do work of small house and help with an invalid. Comfortable home.—Apply Miss Capps, 35, London-road Spalding.
Stamford Mercury
East Midlands, England
26/03/1909
Advert

Another puzzle for you . This from the Stamford Mercury 1909 mentioning a Harvey and Shortwood Farm . Wonder why they needed to advertise in Lincs ?

I haven't read the actual advert (no credit) and this is the snippet that the OCR software has translated , so not sure if "Miss Capps" is connected or if its the start of another advert .

—Mr?. Harvey, Shortwood Farm, Hucknall. Notts. WANTED, capable Person, about 30. to do work of small house and help with an invalid. Comfortable home.—Apply Miss Capps, 35, London-road Spalding.
Stamford Mercury
East Midlands, England
26/03/1909
Advert

This Mr Harvey is my G G Grandfather Edward and his wife Anne (The mysterious Mary's parents) Edward was the Farm Bailiff whatever one of them did. I have no idea who George Harvey is on the 1901 census, at this address - probably no relation at all. They were still at Shortwood Farm in 1911. Edward aged 73 and his wife Anne aged 77. By 1909 they probably needed a bit of help hence the ad. Why the Stamford Mercury I have no idea.