Can anyone recall Carlton cycles Worksop?. Did you work there. I remember as a nipper, getting on me sisters when she was out, it was a bit big for me. De Da.

Carlton cycles was a sub of the Raleigh lightweight division, if you check out the CTC or "retrobike" websites Carlton's history will be on there

Rog

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p783/Lizziem3/th_Bicycleband2_zps62d0e8b7.jpg?t=1376672180

Well just look how clever I am ...... I'm so proud of myself for working out this uploading images thingy!!!

Chris Barber and the Bicycle Band, 1969. The lads are wearing 'Sun' kit ...... would this be a part of the Carlton company? Third from the right is John Aslin, a boyfriend of mine at that time :rolleyes: I remember at that time,1969,

he was riding for the Carlton team and then went to Falcon.

Sun and Carlton were different company's, Falcon were built in Lincolnshire part of the Holdsworth company, If you check the "retrobike" or "Sheldon brown" websites you should be able to find all the info you need. Lizzie M I do like the picture you posted, especially the Padgett Yamaha, takes me back to those days at Mallory park to watch such riders as Mike Hailwood,Giacomo Agostini,Barry Sheen etc etc

Rog

Thank you to everyone. I'd like to thank and reply to you all individually but I'm not sure how?. I've already been told not to use the quote button But what how was a newbie to know?.. just wondered if it would be easier to use an a reply button for each post.?.

Like I said Thank you. The lengths you lot go to for others is amazing and much appreciated. very interesting about The Carlton, sun Cycles.I remember vaugley, visiting the shop, in the 60's with my sister, who purchased a bike, a blue girls racer. I think the shop was on Carlton road, maybe, Gateford road Worksop.

I do know a guy who worked there. He was on a good earner he said.

​Love the Photo's. the one by the lake was incredible, wondered if it was Clumber park?. Thanks to all. De Da.

• Upvote 1

Thank you to everyone. I'd like to thank and reply to you all individually but I'm not sure how?.

There you go , you did it !

Thanks mate. but how was I to know?. i have qualification in Psychology, electronic engineering. and many others coming out of my ears. But i can't mind read. don't forget I'm new here and not perfect, nor is anyone else. Thank you. best wishes. De da.

Basic common sense should have told you.

Anyway, I've had enough too now.

I'm off, catch you all on the flip flop

• 1 year later...

LizzieM .. I was a cycling pal of the late John Aslin. I rode a few road events and on the track with him before he went semi pro. He was mentioned in a book about the great Jaques Anqueil when he rode in England - "a local rider who gave me some trouble" as I recall.

That's interesting PeverilPeril, maybe I knew you in those days! I went all over the country with him, watching him race. Sadly John passed away at only 59 I believe ........ although I hadn't seen him for many years. The last time I bumped into him was in the late 70's in the Punch Bowl and at the time he was living in a house on the opposite corner.