Nikon D3100 or D3200.

Yes your right, all those things. any advice welcome friend. Thank you. De Da.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Remember that it isn't the camera that takes good pictures, it's the person using it. An idiot with a very expensive camera will do nothing compared to a good photographer and a basic camera.

I wasn't aware you caused a problem Ian..

Thank you so much. I just want to start more pro photograhy. I've spent a lot latley on a 3D camera. No point if i hardly use a camera. I soon jump from one hobby to another. but their is so much to shoot, I'll rephrase that, Photograph in your city. Thanks. De da.

Both the D3100 and D3200 will do what you want, BUT, do some research, you may change your mind about a DSLR and go for something cheaper and more user friendly, believe me, you'll have a learning experience with a DSLR camera!!! LOL

There are some good video's on Youtube regarding digital photography, including the top selling DSLR camera makes and models.

Just pointing out Ian, it can be a very expensive hobby, I went through that when I had a few bucks spare in the 35mm film days, but DSLR camera lenses are a lot more expensive, some out of budget for most folks these days, including myself.

I do like the two kit lenses I got with the D5K though, I can correct problems in Corel afterwards, but even with expensive lenses, there are still the problems with Barreling etc..

Pete, whatever camera you go for, look for the "Idiots Guide or Dummies" books for it, I recommend those books as they are written for the likes of myself instead of in technical jargon.

The lady who wrote the Nikon D5000 guide for Dummies, did a good job, so much information in easy to understand and humorous chapters....

Been buying these books since my first days on PC's, just wished some of the technical manuals we used to get when I was an electrician were written the same way, even my engineer was sometimes stuck with the technical manuals, which always seemed to be written for someone holding a Doctorate degree in electrical engineering...LOL

Perhaps.......you don't have to buy new. I was in the fortunate position of being able to buy a low-mileage Nikon D40 with 18-55mm lens from a friend of mine for £150.

This dragon fly was about 20cm from the end of the lens and didn't move when I pointed it at him..

fly.jpg

Naany, naany nah nah.....LOL...

DSC_0043AnotherButterflyonaThistleCroppe

And another butterfly...

DSC_0042ButterflyonaThistle.jpg

Photo the wife took after the ice storm a couple of years back with a bridge camera...Worst storms on record, no power for nearly a week, everyone cut off in our area for several days, roads totally impassible. This affected several states, some were without power for six weeks!!!!! Lines crews came in from all over the country and Canada, but like I said, roads were impassible for days.

jan2009icestorm03.jpg

By the way, that's all ICE!! 2-4 inches of the stuff, started raining late afternoon the previous day, froze on contact with everything it touched, and rained steadily all night...

Again with the wife's bridge camera, our power lines down our driveway, they have a thick coating of ice and icicles too, why they didn't snap, or break the poles with the weight I have no idea, they were really sagging between poles.

Jan2009icestorm05.jpg

Thanks Cliff. what a great photo. I have them around my garden pond, but I just get a flash. You didn't have to glue it down did you?. ha ha. Cheers De Da.Good tip. maybe I could get a better camera second hand.?.

Just be careful you don't buy one that's just about worn out though, there is a way to check how many times the shutter has been operated, one of the others may post how.

It costs quite a bit to have a new shutter mechanism fitted to a used camera!!

Why not look for something in the D3000 class of cameras?? Even Canon had one comparable, they are four to five years old technology, but even a new one shouldn't break the bank.

Looking at UK Amazon they can be had for around 264 pounds brand new, which is cheaper than a new up market bridge camera..

One of the "Togs" brought this up on the digicam site Mick, yes the top brands have a built in shutter count, there is no mention in the cameras user book, it's there mainly for the manufacturers service department, but there is a way of accessing it, not sure now if it shows through the viewfinder info or on the TFT screen..

Hey up Pete. I've got a Nikon D3000 and absolutely love it! Check out some of my shots........

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/pictures/Nottingham-fine-March-day/pictures-15498175-detail/pictures.html

Here's a sight that will examine a jpg image from a Nikon and show the shutter count.

http://www.nikonshuttercount.com/

Just in case someone was thinking I was taking the pee about the "Dummies and Idiot books" Here's a complete listing of all the Dummies Guides....Like I stated I have quite a collection of both publications from PC's to the Nikon D5000, there's almost a title for everything, they are all written by people who are usually experts in their field, but feel books pertaining to that field are written for PHd's'

http://www.dummies.com/Section/id-323904.html

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/?series_id=157674