Who was 'Silver Birch'?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spoke with a former mining engineer 5 or 6 years ago, and he said that with modern mining technology and technology available to ensure cleaner  and more efficient burning of the coal available, Bri

Silas Birch... once member of the stunt moped team known as the Flying Mopedaire's.. one of their tricks was to race point to point whilst each rider stood on the saddle with arms outstreched.. on

There were certainly many aspects to the strike which have yet to be exposed. Reckon we'll have to wait for the infamous '30 year rule' for the truth to come out....hope I can last another 8 years!

Posted Images

Bigal is closest but not spot on.

There is one other member here who is keeping Shtum!

Too easy for them, perhaps waiting to see what other Nottstalgians come up with?

Who cares I'm sick of waiting for the answer.............no patience me that's the trouble bored

Silas Birch... once member of the stunt moped team known as the Flying Mopedaire's..

one of their tricks was to race point to point whilst each rider stood on the saddle with arms outstreched.. on one occasion whilst performing this very fete at an exhibition, the saddle of Silas's moped came adrift, thus catapulting him into a nearby stall which had on display an assortment of bric-a-brac and antiques..

to cut a long story short, Silas's head became firmly wedged in a antique victoriana silver spittoon, which all attempts to extracate him from turned out to be fruitless..

eventually the local fire brigade had to be called, cutting Silas free with their 'jaws of life'..

and thus everafter this fateful event he would be known as 'Silver Birch'..

Silas never rode again, as combined with the hefty bill from the stall holder and the emergency services, he ended up having to find the sum of £2000, even having to sell his beloved Raleigh Ultramatic™ on Ebay to raise part of the money..

as an aside, he now eeks out an existence at Pontins holiday camp in Prestatyn, where he plays noseflute and chimes, and second stage to Percy Blatherwick and his performing poodles.

• Upvote 1

And for you Googlers, its not this one...

The Philosophy of Silver Birch

Who was Silver Birch?

Silver Birch was the name given to the renowned and spiritually-elevated teacher who gave us such profound wisdom and spiritual understandings and instruction through the Trance Mediumship of Maurice Barbanell, founder Editor of "Psychic News".

bored I'm with you Caz.......

!rulez! What's happened to me smilies i've only got some..?

:Friends: Ilko! are you sure you're not Shedfixman..Me thinks you are leading a double life mate, give it up before the other half distroy's you, i know i've been there....

BTW Mick,did we ever find out who the 3 geezers were playing guitar.Can't find the thread to find out? :blink:

You mean Here ...

Who Are they ?

Yes come on you lot they were a major driving force in the music industry of the 60's-70's?

!rulez! Knowing mick and his quiz's there's alway's another corner to turn and i bet the answer is so off track that no one would have guessed it, not even if they new the answer...... :Friends: