Naz's Indian Restaurant.

Might well be it!

I remember there being an Italian which was basement level higher up the street, it became an Indian at a later date, but as I said, it was almost at the top of St James St, too high up for it to be part of The Albany building.

Ref my earlier post, I got my streets mixed up, St James St was further down heading into town!

D'oh!

And I don't know exactly when it was first there, but it was certainly around during the latter part of the 70's.

Ref my earlier post, I got my streets mixed up, St James St was further down heading into town!

To add a bit more to the confusion, remember that St James St is BOTH sides of Maid Marian Way, so denshaw's suggestion of the Albany could still be correct.

To add a bit more to the confusion, remember that St James St is BOTH sides of Maid Marian Way, so denshaw's suggestion of the Albany could still be correct.

I thought we had agreed it was there.........or maybe as I'm posting on a few sites at the moment we didn't!

But yes, it was the one underneath The Albany.

• 8 months later...

I vaguely remember restaurants on St James Street. IIRC there were two restaurants where the pub is now on the corner, immediately opposite to the (Now Britannia) hotel entrance. I seem to remember that the upper floor one was a steak house, but that is stretching my memory.

• 7 years later...