Hiya guys, Didnt know where to put this one on the forum. My cat went missing 4 days ago, on my birthday no less, I'm very upset as i don't know where he is, where hes gone or if hes ok or if hes died alone somewhere. Done the usual, rang local council, RSPCA, PDSA, Local vets and cat rescues etc to no avail. One of the neighbours told me to give up finding him as the local foxes round here are apparently notorious for killing cats. Just wondering if anyone else has been through this and knows how upsetting it is and give me some support.

Thanks

Sorry to hear that and I hope he turns up soon....but, has anyone EVER seen a fox trotting along with a dead cat in it's mouth? I haven't. Poor old foxy gets the blame for everything.

We lost our cat Obi (Oblivion) some months ago SWMBO was very upset and we did leaflet drops in all local letter boxes, and on lamposts.

As I have said in another thread its very friendly round here and we received text messages with good wishes.

After he had been missing for about a week we got a call from someone who saw us putting the poster on a lampost outside his house.

A similar cat had been seen in his garden. We went straight round and the little bogger was there.

We got him home, fed him up and kept him in for a while.

Sadly a few months later he became quite ill and had to be put down, SWMBO still gets tears in her eyes as he was her favorite of our four cats.

We went through the same as you, just not knowing what has happened to him is horrible

Good luck, I hope you get him back

Sorry to hear that your going through worrying times Jimmy and truly hope that your pet comes home safely soon. We've not had cats but our present dog has been lost for several hours in deep snow and we were distraught but thankfully we found him before nightfall. Good luck!

When we moved to Newthorpe in 2006 one of our cats disappeared soon after we had moved in, though I had done the recommended keep them in for a few days. She was very old and I was really upset. We had seen foxes around and I assumed that she had met up with one, (oddly never saw any when we lived in North Clifton which is right out in the sticks and was hunting country). She had been gone for two weeks, then one night we came in and there she was on the drive. Very thin but alive. We can only presume she had been locked in someone's shed and they had been away on holiday. So don't give up hope yet. He may well be closer than you think. Good luck.

Jimmy its early days yet and cats often seem to do this . Last year , I accidently locked a neighbours cat in my garage for 2 nights....must have sneaked in whilst I was washing the car .

If theres a Mablethorpe Facebook page might be worth posting a message on there . Good luck .

I'm sorry to hear about your missing cat, jimmy87notts and I hope it will soon return home. One reason why a cat doesn't return home is when someone starts feeding it and makes it their own. They assume that the cat is lost or homeless. You've done the right thing by contacting the relevant people and I wondered if the cat had any identity on it's collar.

You state that your cat went missing on your birthday. When it was my birthday on the 16th, I had a call from one of my brothers. He was very upset because he'd had to have his cat put down. He'd had her for 18 years, which was a really good age. Our pets become part of the family and when they pass away through old age, or other, we mourn as much as we would over the loss of a member of the family. If I lived in Mablethorpe I'd be out searching with you but as I don't I can only wish you good luck and hope your pet returns safe and well.

Sounds like he might have been trapped in somewhere. So pleased for you, I know well that feeling of relief when they reappear.

told you he'd come back didn't I! :) glad he did as I know the worry you all were going through.

when we moved house from one end of gedling to the other, one of our cats decided to go for a wonder and didn't return, we looked every where & put posters up, 9 weeks later our neighbour knocks on and tells us she's certain our cat was in arnold!! she was! we reckon she walked up and over Arnold lane and down the other side into Arnold, she was most certainly grounded for a short while, let her out and she went again for a few more weeks, found in mapperly top this time. 6 years on and she's not gone for any more 'adventures'

although, on the way home we drove along festus st, saw a tabby cat covered in flies (obviously dead) we've never rushed home so quick in a panic incase it was one of the lads, luckily not. poor thing :(

Never been a cat person really, but we did encourage a partial feral cat by feeding it, eventually petting it, she stayed around for a few years then went missing about a year ago. We suspect a coyote had her, they love cats.

We had kept one of her Daughters, she's been missing now for over two weeks, again could be a coyote or she ran into a Copper Head snake.

Just one of the things, living in the country, lots of vermin from Linx's, to Bobcats, right up to Mountain Lions, (Cougars), foxes, although not seen any signs of those, Racoons also will kill and eat cats, nasty critters they are!! We are also supposed to be in Brown Bear country, although nobody has sighted one or the signs in many years.