What sort of wildlife visits your garden?

Magpies?? Rabbits?? Snakes?? Lizards?? Echidnas?? well we get all of the above & tonight we had a visit from a Wallaby,he was looking for water in our pond.The pic is a bit blurred but he's cute hey??

post-34-1138965172_thumb.jpg

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I had a marvellous surprise last night. I've had neighbours cats activate the outside security lights, as have foxes. I have seen hedgehogs and squirrels too, but last  night was exceptional. I o

Ian  When I first got married and first visited Ireland it was Holy Week and I would have to trapse around with my mother in law visiting relatives as many, as 4 different families a day for an e

Here you are Mary. They come to visit me every day. You have to creep up very quietly, if they spot you....they disappear into the undergrowth.  

Posted Images

lips0 Did you say pond Caz? me mum has a foot bath bigger than that.. !rotfl!

When it rains and it hasn't done much of that in two months here, at the top of our street a puddle forms, we get Canadian Geese flying in cutting short their migratory journey the odd Eider duck too, and the proverbial Mallard which is nice. I had to look twice at the pic, thought it was a grey Heron. !rotfl!

:Friends: Regarding your photo Caz, have a word with mick, he's the pro when it comes to getting your shots in focus and exposed correctly..or was it that you were worse for a few glasses ?????...I wonder what micks excuse is.... !rotfl!

LOl you are such a joker BIP!! I didn't take the pic my partner did but he couldn't get the flash to work hence the blurriness. :blink: in that same POND we once had a massive Eagle :Vampire: which had flown into to attack a large lizard,bet you don't get them in Chilwell me duck??

Flash would have been crap.

The secret is a steady hand, and not jabbing the shutter button.

The exposure is perfect, not too light or dark. But the camera has auto

set a slow shutter speed. You should be able to get a reasonable shot at

8th - 15th sec with care.

Trouble is Mick we will have to wait until god knows when to get another shot. I will practice with my Duncan.

;) There i told you Caz mick knows all the tricks. ;)

;) No Eagles Caz, We get Harrier's from the ordinace depot [Jump Jets] and the odd sea king too.....

Possums, Armadilloe's, Coyotes, during summer, black snakes, copper heads, birds.. Northern Cardinals, sparrows, crows, Buntings, too many to mention here, check out the Missouri Conservation web site.

G'day Ayup

You too have heaps of wildlife,as we do here in Oz. We also have Deer in the pine plantation next to our property & one in particular is very tame,a bit too tame in fact, the neighbouring farmers will shoot him if he isn't careful

Being in the heart of the Sawley Neverglades, we get lots of Frogs and Toads.

In fact Attenborough Nature Reserve is just dahn the "Frog & Toad"

Her's one i took without flash at night in the dark all on me own on a tripod at F2. 30sec expo good aint it

post-34-1138971353_thumb.jpg

Looking at Cazs pic, It appears that the problem is not Camera Shake due to slow shutter speed. The picture was taken through glass, and worse than that, at a 45 degree angle through the glass.

(The answer) move the pond a few yards to the left.

pieinface Neah mick! through an empty glass... pieinface

:Fool: [My Answer] hold the bottle at a 45 decree angel and then move the pond... :tease:

Wildlife in my garden! - eh I've been trying for years to get my lad to help with the garden, now there would be some wildlife there if he did that!

Ha Ha Ha you lot are all soooo funny......................NOT.

Well you won't deter me, look what came to visit our bird bath today [that was just to keep BIP happy!]

& now you can all bog off !rotfl!

post-34-1139050738_thumb.jpg

:Friends: I've looked and looked at the pic Caz, it's either me age or it was the second large Whisky i've just downed [ i know it's only mid-day ] but for the life of me i cannot make what it is.. Now it's either a dead rat or a large dog turd or the slipper you threw at the old man the other night when he told you there was a problem with the direct feed from the local vin yard storage tanks... !rotfl!

It's an Echidna you plonker! everybody knows that. !faint! Stop drinking the Scotch Den it's buggering up your eyesight thumbsdown

Since when has an Hedgegog been a marsupial,stop messing abowt............ oooooooooo I can feel a Kenneth Williams coming on !yada!