I just thought i would share this memorable day trip with you all.

We were staying in Salou, Spain and decided to go by train to Barcelona for the day.

On arriving at the station, we were met by chaos and all herded on to coaches as the train line had been blown up by the basques,

The coaches were full of people all shouting and panicking, and the oxygen was disappearing fast until, the authorities stepped in and laid on more coaches.

We had prime seats behind the driver, who kept nodding his head down and closing his eyes (silent screams from me who could see all this).We were taken to the station further up the line and carried on our journey.Arriving at Barcelona, and out on the street we both stepped straight in to a pile of dog s..t. After a lovely walk round the city we caught the train back to our coach pick up point, arriving about 3miles outside Salou the coach driver pulled into a lay by and made us all get off,thanks to a German tourist interpreting for us,he said the driver would go no further as it was the Tour De Spain route so we all had to walk on a red hot day.What a day trip to remember.Can anyone beat that. thumbsdown We still had a good laugh LOL

We went on an organized coach trip to Crich Tram Museum (Good old Skills) and it was closed !!!

• Upvote 1

We didn't turn around and come back either , oh no, and the driver didn't think to try and take us somewhere else either, he just dumped us at the gate and wouldn't let us back on the bus till the five hour ' visit' had run out !! We didn't even get our money back either. (And Mum did try too)

This probably belongs in the earliest memories thread because I was pretty young at the time. We all got on a bus in Nottingham headed for Whipsnade zoo. It was pouring rain, which continued all day. The driver got lost on the way and we ended up down some small country lanes. Eventually in trying to back up to get out of some dead end he wrapped the bus around a telephone pole. If I remember rightly eventually another bus turned up and ferried all the now irate passengers back to Nottingham. We did not see the zoo and it was still raining. I wonder if they fired him?

I remember an old friend telling me about an experience he had while delivering heating fuel some years ago. Apparently he pulled up for the night in a pub carpark shall we say in the west coast of the UK he proceed to order a pint of the local brew and a meal unusually this caused the locals to speak a foreign language and for the remainder of the evening was made as welcome as a fart in a space suit.

The following morning he climbed into his lorry and drove off.

Not suprisingly the landlord of said hostiliary made many phonecalls that week enquiring with the fuel oil company why his regulars were not as warm as they usually were during their evening entertainment and why the publican and his wife were washing glasses in cold water mainly because their fuel-oil delivery promised for Monday afternoon had failed to arrive and according to the logistics department was now not due until Friday morning.

The moral of the story being be nice to everybody because you never know when you might need their help

• Upvote 1