• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear Fiends - sorry, Friends   Well another bright, shiny day in paradise!   And Happy Valentines Day! Thank you for all the cards, many of which would make a Bishop blush.

Dear Hearts, How very kind some of you are.   At least three kind postings have flooded in and I’m overwhelmed (do we know of anyone, anywhere that has ever been underwhelmed – and what

Hi Margie,   Thank you for your kind comments.  Where our ages are concerned, and judging from your photo, that makes me 27!   I must confess I'm very new to this "posting" but it'

No I was born in Radford, I was put into Hartley Rd childrens home at the age of two. Went to a foster home in Broxtowe for a short while then onto another set of foster parents at Bilborough at the age 6 and lived at Bilborough until the age of 11, then back to my real mother until I left school, then into the army out of the way of it all. lol

• Upvote 2

#349 Tompa

Just read that twice to make sure I got everything right, the bloke who showed the films had one leg, Hopp along Cassidy was a film he showed, jog the memory. Yep, got it! :)

• Upvote 1

Portland Rd Junior school..... Ignore this, I tried to upload a photo but as usual it did not work.

Crikey managed to get a photo on here..... My class photo from Portland Rd junior school, 1949 or 1950... not sure

27472288_zps3j62zefv.jpeg

• Upvote 3

Bilbraborn: Can't say as I do.

The only people I can remember are twins 4th and 6th place on the bottom row of my school class photo, # 362 I think their names were Colin and Gerald Saunders....... They never liked me and I didn't like them. lol They used to snitch on me at school

Ingoldmells With my foster mother Mrs Coxon the fat one, and that's me pushing the pram. lol far left is Mable Green, Mam, Phyllis Musson, Ann Musson, me, and Harald Musson.

Posted Image

• Upvote 2

The house in the grounds of Farrands was occupied by a Bloke called Joe Scothern and his family and he and his two sons were the 'mechanics' for all Farrands vehicles,an old workmate Bernard Montgomery' (how could i forget his name) married Scotherns' daughter.

Hi Benjamin, I went to Glaisdale early/mid 60s and a lad in our class lived in the Farrands house and I know he had a elder brother, the surname though was Schofield, sons name was Graham.

Catfan, Do you remember the Wesley's from Darnhall Crescent or the Chambers from Melbury Road? Do you remember the cold milk vending machine outside the co-op on Bracebridge Drive? I don't know why l should remember that maybe it was a novelty at the time. Did you ever play in the sandy banks, top end of Bilborough?

I remember both families, Barry Wesley lived on Darnhall and I worked with Phil Chambers at Lindley & Lindley on Bobbers Mill, he was a lorry driver there.

I can't remember if I mentioned this before but when I was a school kid, one of the old design pre-fabs on Beechdale Road near Bathurst Drive had miniature models of Wollaton Hall, the Council House and other famous local buildings in the front garden. Can anyone else remember them and what happened to them? Were they still there when the prefabs were re-built?

Come on Catfan, talk to me. Here I am waiting in suspenders. (sorry. I mean suspense).

• Upvote 1

Sorry Bilbraborn only vague memories these days. Your mention certainly got my brain cells going again after all these years. I can remember that garden & used to stand in awe as a young lad looking at those models, I can't say if they are still there or not.

• Like 1