Nottingham Pop & Blues Festivals

I just wondered if anybody went to or can remember these? The '69 was held at Meadow Lane but I think others were held at Colwick Park.

9603001767_5e65dbebc4_o.jpg

• Upvote 1

I didn't go (not quite old enough to have done things like that in 1969) but I'm fascinated by the small print at the bottom.

The promoter lived at 110 Grassington Road, Bobbers Mill; I wonder who that person was and if they are still around - although presumably not still living at that address. And tickets are available from Birdcage, Paraphernalia, Grapevine Boutique, and Notts County FC.

For its day that is quite a spectacular line-up; I think it would be financially impossible to get an equivalent event today. Ticket prices would be astronomical - certainly more than 22/6 on the day.

I think there were several at Notts County's ground. I seem to think Quo were on once. I also saw one with the great Rory Gallagher.

Sure they were both at Meadow Lane.

I went to the one at Colwick Racecourse - '12-Hour Happiness', poster below. Not many people there, but some good bands. This was in 1969. I don't remember receiving my 'free flowers' (last line of poster).

notingtham-69-happiness-pos.jpg

Not exactly a Notts concert but lots went from Nottingham to the Spalding Tulip auction halls Bank Holiday May 1967 , where Hendrix ,Cream,The Move,Pink Floyd,Geno Washington and Zoot Money were on the bill and the admission was just £1 !!! Check out the posters .

http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/spaulding-festival.html

Barbeque-67-poster-big.jpg
I have an awful admission about this , as when we got inside the place , Pink Floyd who were low down the bill, were playing .

It was the most awful racket you could imagine (to our ears ). Much worse than that , we couldn't see any girls to chat to and actually left before Cream , Geno or Hendrix came on . I guess with only paying £1 we were pretty blase about the whole thing ! Wish I could go back in time for that one !

First time I've ever seen anyone describe Edgar Broughton as lovely!

He played at a friends birthday party last year, he's a nice bloke but is still very political.