Surprise "Pressie" or is it ?

Walked in from work the other day to be met my Mrs catfan with a beaming smile on her face.

There's a big box in the hallway for you, i've bought you a pressie, she says.

Upon inspection I find she has bought an exercise rowing machine contraption.

Took me a couple of hours to assemble the thing, finally tried it out tonight.

Anyone want back ache ?

Well good luck Catfan, hope you get more use out of it than we have with ours ....... had it about 4 years and maybe used it a dozen times, might have rowed from Clifton Bridge to Trent Bridge and back a couple of times in total. Our machine is just a piece of furniture to walk past and admire .............. :)

Likewise LizzieM. Treadmill gets a bit more use as we can watch a dvd while walking/running, but rowing machine got a bit boring after a while.

dave just brought me my new scooter last week its the best keep fit gadget for him he has never walked so far in years has he has this week and given me back my independence

I go out on my bicycle each morning for a half hour. The bike cost me £30 ten years ago and is still going strong.

I had an exercise cycle once, I used to set it up in front of the tele and cycle all the way through Corrie, East Enders and Corrie again, i soon found out how difficult it is to eat a bag of crisps and chocolate biscuits while peddling, still at least there was no nettles to fall into. I never lost any weight, no idea why :unsure: .

• Upvote 1

Ha ha. I used to do the same. Probably could have cycled my way to Nottingham from Sheffield on a real bike,every session.I recall getting off and my legs feeling funny and walking around the house afterwards like I was walking on the moon. Then a gallon of beer, and fish and chips. Reminded me of the first time I visited London on my own. Looked out of my hotel window, and saw a youth on a monocycle like in a circus, eating a bag of chips. My bike had a speedo, I'd always pedal faster at the closing credits of Eastenders.

You probably didn't lose the weight, because you didn't cycle through Brookside, Elderado and Neighbors like I did. Great thread. Pete.

• Upvote 2