Who remembers Wilfred Pickles and his programme, 'Have A Go', Mable at the table and the rest of it? One of his questions was, 'Have you ever had an embarrassing moment'? I have. Due to the present incumbent having a mild heart attack, I was asked to play Town Crier today and due to a spot of 'blackmail' I did it. Now I'm not sure whether an intended heart attack was the reason behind this or not but I felt most uncomfortable! Have you ever had an embarrassing moment?

"Give 'im the money Barney!"

The successful contestant received the £5 note, the pork pie and a dozen jam tarts (or somesuch other goodies) from the producer of the programme, Barney Colehan, who went on to produce TV variety progs, the most memorable perhaps "The Good Old Days" from the Leeds City Variety music hall.

There was also a 'Jackpot' competition between the contestants at the end. It usually amounted to around £16.00, a good bit of money in those days. The winners mostly said, 'I'll give it to the church', and received much righteous applause. Those who have seen the film 'Billy Liar' may remember that Wilfred Pickles played Billy's father, and that he was a first class actor.

"Give 'im the money Barney!"

The successful contestant received the £5 note, the pork pie and a dozen jam tarts (or somesuch other goodies) from the producer of the programme, Barney Colehan, who went on to produce TV variety progs, the most memorable perhaps "The Good Old Days" from the Leeds City Variety music hall.

'Give her/him the money Barney'!