me and the other half go to tall tree's garden centre every weekend, even our two year old has started telling us were going! although they do make amazing cakes & provide a range of tea's, I'd love some suggestions of any other must visit places for a cuppa that isn't in the city centre.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have A Cuppa Tea - The Kinks - From their Muswell Hillbillies Album - it's the cure for everything English.

When in England I buy boxes of Yorkshire gold tea.. The best cuppa is the first one you have when you get home after a long time away. .............................. Heaven

I grew up on Co op "99" tea, mum used to make it strong, far too strong for me ! I used to pour some away and fill with extra water. Oh and the horrendous sterilized milk she used to use. Yuk ! Alwa

Went to brookfields a while back but there tea shop doesn't really have the same atmosphere as our regular. I love a good tea shop but there so few & far between, I think someone should open one in netherfield, if I had the money I'd do it in a heart beat!

I make a pot of Earl Grey every afternoon, around 3-30, you will have to bring your own fairy cakes,I've only got McVities digestive ( plain chocolate).

Can't stand earl grey! My partner will only drink earl grey when it comes to tea, I love normal & I found one in tall tree's a while back, can't remember the name but I know it begins with D and it's really pale, lovely with a tiny drop of milk & sugar.

catfan (#3), I've been there a few times on a Sunday for garden stuff and stayed for lunch. It can get busy but there is a steady turnover so it's not too bad. The food at the carvery is always cooked nicely and the chap who carves the meat will give you as much as you want. They also do a nice cuppa, Pixie.

Have A Cuppa Tea - The Kinks - From their Muswell Hillbillies Album - it's the cure for everything English.

• Upvote 1

A nice cup off PG Tip's for me.

It's all I drink! The discount shop round the corner does abox of 50 (I think) for a quid. I also use their loose tea as I tend to use lose tea more than the bags.

Talking of Tea. We went to the Yorkshire Wildlife Park near Doncaster today. Last time about two years ago when we went the Tea was god awful.

£1.85 for a paper cup of some sort of warm liquid with UHT milk uuuuurrrrrrrrrGGGGGGGGGGGG !

Remembering that, we took a flask of boiling water & milk & tea bags, made our own, smashing.

Well I'm not embarrassed to tell you that we drink Instant Tea in our house! PG Tips Pure Tea Granules to be precise. I've no idea why I first bought a jar more than 10 years ago but ever since that first taste it is all we drink (when we're at home) We much prefer the taste and there's no messy tea bags to get rid of. I do have PG Tips tea bags in the house in case visitors turn their noses up at the thought of drinking instant tea. :Shock:

We drink oodles of tea here in oz, and I always explain that I am a "pom" and thats what we do !

Local stuff here is insipid and weak so we buy good ole Yorkshire tea bags now.

Used to buy Typhoo till I noticed on the label it was grown and packed in the middle east somewhere, not my favourite part of the world I'm afraid.

Oh and if we cannot get yorkshire we use the sri lankan blend by Dilmar.

can't stand Yorkshire tea, I'll only buy pg tips or typhoo & treat myself to a pot of Darjeeling when we go to our regular watering whole as its expensive to buy usually!

I love the white rabbit tea shop in town, if only therw was one like it more local!

some people my age go out for a few bevvies, we go out for a nice cuppa. somethings not right here....

Tetley Tea owned by Tata the big Indian corporation who make vehicles amongst other things .

Tetley Tea owned by Tata the big Indian corporation who make vehicles amongst other things .

Tata seem to know what they are doing. Bigger presence in the UK than some people might realise, eg they own Land Rover and Jaguar. Both companies are now operating very profitably, which they weren't under their previous local owners.