Girls moving things.

I have a habit of putting things in a safe place....Then that's it, the place is so safe, I cannot locate it!! Now where's me glasses.

• Upvote 3

I'm sorry chaps but I have to stick up for the ladies. If things were left to us men the house would be a tip. It'd never get hoovered (properly, that is), the dishwasher or sink would always be full of pots, the washing.....you get the picture. :rolleyes:

You speak for yourself Mike!!!!

• Upvote 2

What annoys me is that it doesn't really matter where I put anything. It may be the right place (and ladies, it usually is - I think) it will be moved as a matter of principle.

• Upvote 1

Because the cycle rides we go on can be a bit remote at times, and there have been incidents of people being robbed on the Canal Towpaths. I remove my rings,watch and neck chain before we go out. This is where it gets complicated.

First I find the oddest place in the house to hide them, always a different one, (incase of burglers). Then I have to write myself a note to tell me where I have put them, Then I have to put the note somewhere that I know I will eventually find it, just in case I forget where I put it. ???

I have never not found them yet! :unsure:

• Upvote 3

#31 TBI.

I would move my things back if I knew where SWMBO had moved things to. Once she put my rawl-plugs & screws in a light bulb box, what do you expect to find in a light bulb box? That's right a light bulb, but not in this flipping house..

• Upvote 1

Carni @ 30, can't believe you should feel like leaving things behind on going out, not good! and hide them - worse. but if you write a note as to where why not put in your pocket with your pennies? won't be lost. or stick it all in an oily rag and put it in the saddlebag.

I'm in luck this last few weeks, all my gear has finally done the rounds and is back now in the original cupboards and draws it started in :-)

• Upvote 1

#35. It is a sad fact, that I do feel the need to leave my jewellery at home when we cycle ride. My Wedding/Engagement/Anniversery rings are so precious to me, I would be broken hearted if we were robbed.

Every now and then, there is an incident on the canal paths and it has been older people who have been the victims. An incident last year, was of a group of yobs thought it funny to take cycles and push the people into the Canal. Not once but a few times. They were caught, and there was a police presence along the way for 2/3 weeks.

My husband has had a Heart Attack and I have my health problems, niether of us could put up resistance if confronted. They can take our cycles without a struggle, but I won't risk losing my irriplaceable rings.

I write myself notes about everything these days. It's quite interesting trying to workout what the eck I wrote them for! lol :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Why is it that good honest people have to suffer at the hands of a few morons, carry a big stick and lay into the cowards, really make my blood boil

Rog

• Upvote 1

What makes my blood boil even more, is the fact that the police are always quick to arrest law-abiding folk protecting themselves, whilst the yobs always seem get away virtually scot-free.

• Upvote 1

My first wife had me putting up a curtain rail once. I drilled the first hole. Screwed the first screw in. Went to drill the second hole. Found the drill was back in it's box. Drilled the second hole. Went to screw the second screw in. Fetched the screwdriver back out of the toolbox. Went to drill the third hole. Found the drill was back in the box. etc etc. That. amongst many other reasons is why she didn't remain just 'the wife'.

Also, probably two or three times I arrived home to a different 3 piece suite. She'd done a swap with a neighbour who liked whatever we had and she'd taken a shine to theirs. I had no say in anything.

• Upvote 4