Girls moving things.

It's my husband who does the moving round in our house. I let him get on with it, then wait for him to realise it was better how it was before and move it back again. Whatever keeps him amused :No1:

My wife only once tided and put things away on my work desk, before the 'clean up' it looked like an explosion had happened, but I knew where everything was.

I walked into the study to find my desk in an almost perfect sterile condition, it took at least six months to get back to the work desk that I was accustomed to.

My wife only once tided and put things away on my work desk, before the 'clean up' it looked like an explosion had happened, but I knew where everything was.

I walked into the study to find my desk in an almost perfect sterile condition, it took at least six months to get back to the work desk that I was accustomed to.

Me too, you know where everything is because you see it regularly looking for something else!

I like girls moving things.....Whoops sorry, got carried away, I used to have a move around every now and then when I was between marriages and lived alone, passed an hour or two when the weather was too bad to get outside.

I'm exactly the same! Every now and then I change the living room around, or the dinning room, even the bedroom. I get bored! I think most females do, males seem to like everything put and not be moved, takes the OH a while to adjust when I move a room around, he allways hates it at first, even if it's been like that before!

It's a female thing...always has been always will...I have visions of one night in bed, some poor male feeling frisky is gonna be heard saying..."Where the hell is it? Don't tell me you've moved that too!!" :huh:

I had to laugh reading your post. You see at our house everything has to be where it is....there's no other option. It's the only thing that we don't fight about. The remote control for the "Telly" as you call it - is another story...that's why I'm sitting here writing this message - killing time until she goes to sleep!

My Mrs is always moving things, she works from home a lot and has an office in one of the bedrooms, and about once a month I will find she has moved something in it, the last thing was the complete office to another bedroom, all moved in one morning, I don't know how she can move it all so quickly.

My wife has always done this, from when we were first married.

In the uk I sometimes came home and thought I had come in the wrong house ! as she used to move furniture all the time, somtimes even to different rooms !

Now in our rv which is pretty difficult to do, she settles on moving contents of cupbords and various shelves etc. used to drive me mad, but got used to it now.

I have a saying "Ok where is it ! where have you hidden it ! "

Think its a female/women thing.

I recall this scenario with my aunt (who was small and petite) and my uncle (who was tall and lanky). She would have a brainwave about how to move the furniture around. "Ted, I'm thinking of moving the settee over there, and bringing the bookcase over here..." etc. Ted would reply "You won't like it - it'll look unbalanced, the bookcase will be in the way, the sun will be in your eyes sitting on the settee...blah blah blah..." No - she would insist that she had thought long and hard about this, and it would be far better. So (and here's the artful bit!) - Ted had to move it all round (the furniture in question was wartime utility stuff - built like a tank to survive a battle). After much heaving and pushing and grunting, it would all be done. Cups of tea all round... Then Auntie Syl would say in a small voice, "You were right - I don't like it after all - but maybe if we put this over here, and that over there..." ...and wearily he would start all over again... "I told you - didn't I say that you wouldn't like it? Didn't I?"

In our last house we had a lounge suite that my ex son in law made for us as he is an upholsterer. The settee was over 8 feet long and having a Jarrah hard wood frame (local west australian timber that is very heavy) it was a 3 or 4 person lift to move it. Also two rather large recliners included in the set.

I came home one day to find it had been moved from the lounge to the tv/ theatre room ! how the hell had she moved it was a bit a a joke till I caught her with 4 small carpet squares, one under each corner and scooting it around on another occasion !

She had also transposed the tv room furniture to the other room at the same time.

We did have timber floors so once on the carpet it was almost on skates so to speak.

Female initiative at work methinks.

We also have a full latex queen bed (currently in storage) and she had a magical way of shifting that around the bedroom too but it was never revealed to me ! Took 5 of us to get it out and into the truck when we sold the house !

"We also have a full latex queen bed (currently in storage) and she had a magical way of shifting that around the bedroom too but it was never revealed to me ! Took 5 of us to get it out and into the truck when we sold the house !"

Glad to hear your better half made your bed move for you,Banjo 48.

She sounds an absolute super wife ,you seem to be a lucky chap,such an industrious and clever woman.!

My office has been used to store things since we moved.

The other day she said, 'lets have 5 minutes in your office'

After 5 minutes tidy up.

I later found the power adapter to my laptop power supply was burning out.

Moved to my galaxy note till it went flat, looked in my office for a replacement power lead which I know I have. GONE!

No Probs, recharge my Note... USB GONE!

Both now on order from ebay, am using her laptop!

My wife decided to 'tidy up' my office table whilst I was away at RIAT in July, in the two days between my return home and setting off again for our family 'jollies' I spent most of the time searching for the things that were on the table 'exactly where I knew where they were ' !!

Also her idea of 'tidying up' is not like normal people, it just gets moved to another part of the house, the stuff on my table went in to two separate bin liners, one dumped rather unceremoniously on the floor in the door way to the conservatory, the other on our bed !! (I wouldn't have laughed so much but she'd slept in the bed for two days after putting in there!, something about cutting off ones nose to spite ones face !)

I have a large brick shed/outhouse at the bottom of the garden used for storage as I like to buy things in bulk and also other gardeny things and whatever else has been chucked in (usualy the other halfs tools etc)

I can't help but rearrange it! But he allways says it's his man shed and females shouldny be in there especially moving car parts and his tools! Anyone else on here with a man shed?

He's getting elecs put in and getting it plastered so he can get a few fish tanks running (more bloomin fish!) He said it will be then his 'man cave' and I won't be welcome in it - charming!!

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

Damn right, we're having in laws for the weekend and madam has been tidying up for two weeks.

It'll take me till Christmas to locate MY stuff. In fact, there are some things from my birthday last August that I still haven't found.

• Upvote 1

I've got books I've never read, and CD's I've never played. If I ever get divorced again, I'll end up with nothing as usual because I'll be unable to find anything !!!

• Upvote 3