David Jacobs

Turning out to be a bad week for people called David.

Everybody here watched Juke Box Jury when they were young. The man was a legend and part of your Saturday evening when you were a kid. Although, even in those days he was 'straight' and 'square' rather than a swinging young teenager, but he always managed to be on the music programmes you were listening to.

A classic broadcaster.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23938128

And he only retired from broadcasting about 6 weeks ago, despite suffering from Liver Cancer and Parkinson's. I loved him when I was a teenager he was such a professional. RIP David Jacobs

Things tend to go in 3`s .Two David`s gone so far this week. Now remind me ,what was the first name of that chap who lives at Number 10 Downing st.?

Yes they do go in threes but I'm afraid you got the wrong third, in fact he was the first to go, the Irish poet Seamus Heaney, it was his funeral yesterday! (Is Seamus Irish for David??)

Yes they do go in threes but I'm afraid you got the wrong third, in fact he was the first to go, the Irish poet Seamus Heaney, it was his funeral yesterday! (Is Seamus Irish for David??)

Interesting, so that it`s Frost,Jacobs and still Cameron! ( Seamus is the Gaelic equivalent of the name James)

Ding!!!! That man certainly was a hit. In the 60s when there was very little pop music on the TV it was good to watch Juke Box Jury. Thanks for the good stuff you did David.

Stan. Please don't wish it on people. Remember. Better the Devil you know than the Devil you don't.

Ding!!!! That man certainly was a hit. In the 60s when there was very little pop music on the TV it was good to watch Juke Box Jury. Thanks for the good stuff you did David.

Stan. Please don't wish it on people. Remember. Better the Devil you know than the Devil you don't.

Bilbraborn, I can think of a 1000 better equipped for the job.!

I know what you mean. Heir to Blair and all that. But let's face it, these guys popping their clogs are getting old. They seemed old to us in the 60's and they led indulgent lives. No one is immune from death but I have noticed that these very fit sports people don't seem to do very well health wise in old age. I mean how many of the 1960s Forest team are still alive and well?

Meanwhile, back on topic

RIP David Jacobs. One thing that will always stick in my mind about him was that he was always smartly dressed in a suit, even on Top of the Pops !