Got an Alibi for 8 September, 1963

'Pretty Windows' murder: Family seek closure.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-23984881

You lot are a pretty suspicious lot, so where were you on September the 8th 1963 at or about midnight when George Wilson was done in.

Sorry m'lud but I was at RAF Finningley helping to man the barricades against the Soviet hordes. No m'lud I cannot provide witnesses to verify this. Why not, it's not as if it was fifty years ago. Clang, clang - Lock her up.

Next suspect. Note: Inability to remember is no excuse.

People only tend to be in prams when they've been out. Carlton wasn't that far from Sneinton, and as you had your own wheels, we need to know where had you been in a pram at midnight?

We'll come back to you later: Next suspect.

Doing me 'omework. 'onest! What was it? Oh. It was an english essay about crime and murder. No! I was only 12 years old...No I don't want porridge fer brekfast. I can't stand the stuff!

Wont me yer onner

i'd just left scool and wuz avin mi fost cheap holiday at Skeg wiv mi mates wiv aaght mi mam and dad, i cant proov it cos we wuz drunk and it wus a long walk back to jinglebells, bur it wont me onest. :rolleyes: Just afor wi went i did see a pram edin tords carlton wi a lad kid in it, fink is name gegun wi a B. :tease: ​

Fast asleep in bed with mi brother in the other bed, and mi bike had a puncture so I couldn't have got there and back without waking bro, and anyway mi puncture repair outfit had run out of that little chalk puffer so I couldn't have even repaired it anyway!

IT WONT ME !!

Well, I must be a real shady character -'cos I was 14. I guess I was getting ready to go back to school after the long Summer holidays, so I wouldn't be in a very good mood. And even more damning, I haven't a clue what I was actually doing that day 50 years ago, nor the day before or the day after. I can't even remember what I was doing on the same day in 1962 or 64 either - or 2004 for that matter. So there - and anyway, who would even remember what their alibi was for 50 years ago, except them as had something to hide? Only criminals have alibis!

Well I did keep a diary for '63 as a 14 year old . As Stephen says , that day a Sunday must have been the last day of the summer holiday unless we started back on a Tuesday .

Saturday the 7th , according to my diary , Forest beat Stoke 1-0 .

Sunday 8th , I haven't written anything....no alibi !

The next entry for me was the following Tuesday when I wrote that I had given Pat H a musical box from Switzerland that I bought her , after going on the Gedling Sec. Mods Euro coach tour , a week or so before .

She didn't go on the trip , so back at school would have been the first time I saw her and I had a real crush on her but she never really responded after years of trying.....aaaahhh !

Doesn't help but it wasn't me guv , honest .

If the person who did the dirty deed is amongst us, do not be embarrased by this thread, you don't need to participate. But you do need to be aware that anyone not providing an alibi will be considered a person of interest by the moderators. :unsure: :unsure:

If the person who did the dirty deed is amongst us, do not be embarrased by this thread, you don't need to participate. But you do need to be aware that anyone not providing an alibi will be considered a person of interest by the moderators. :unsure: :unsure:

Well - that should bring a rush of lame excuses.................or yawns !

I'd just missed me last bus 'om, from going skating, so started to walk to keep mesen warm, walked around for ages trying to keep warm, round all the streets down near sneinton market, I wont scared ' cos I'd got me big brothers scout knife, sheathed and on me snake belt.

all of a sudden this man, in a dark suit & walkin' 'is dog came towards me, the dog slipped the lead and started chasin' me, wi' the man chasin' the dog, it were right funneh'..............

all of a sudden I dropped me brothers knife................the man slipped and fell on the knife, gorrup an' fell again, it 'appened abaht 12 or 13 times I reckoned!! I got scared then when the man dint gerrup again..............I quickly picked up the knife & chucked it away near me aunties out near Ratcliffe way, the followin' day.................

Wots up wi yo lot?

What yer lookin' at me like that for?

• Upvote 1

I remember the word of the murder flashed round the clubs within the hour...it was talked about in between hands of poker.I think a few of the all night gamblers made use of the Pretty Windows early morning licence for a crafty early hours drink.How they convinced staff they were porters on the wholesale fruit market I've no idea.

I asked my missis what she was doing at that time. She said nowt but a slow smile crept across her face. Then she winked and then went into the kitchen to dry the dishes.

• 5 months later...

It could have been me,went passed Pretty Windows at midnite in a taxi on the night of the murder,but it wernt honest

well mylord i think .

i was tuck up in me bed i was only twelve and at that time didnot stay out much past 9.30 pm usually in bed by about 10.30 pm after hot milky drink as it was school holidays i might even have been in skeggy or mablethorpe, on my hols was it pit fornight probly was but even my memory aint that good

I was 12 - and, by that time of night, was probably asleep. I KNOW I was in bed!