Is there anyone out there who went to St Ann's Well Road Infant and Junior school.

I can recall some teachers names when I was there.

Infant School Miss Bampton who was my first teacher headmistress Miss/Mrs Hayes

Junior School Mr Teasedale and Miss Brown Headmaster Mr Salt.

• Upvote 1

Hi Hippo Girl

After St Ann's I went on to Sycamore but my brother went to Morley School but he is seven years older than myself, maybe you knew him his name was David Pickard and he used to pal around with Bob Jenkins and Peter Wilson, he left school at 14 and went into the RAF, he stayed in the RAF till retirement at 55.

MARY 1947

Hi Hippo girl

I only knew Morley School as a senior school, I went to the old St Ann's, thanks for your answer.

I remember a Welshman by the name of Mr Davies when I was at the Junior school, I'd have to dig through my old school reports to find other teachers names..My time was 1952-1958.

Hi Ayupmeducks

Some were along the line we must know each other I also was at St Ann's 1952-1958. Which school did you go too after St Ann's.

Huntingdon Sec school Mary, I posted a couple of old school photos on FB, in the St Anns pre demolition group. Good chance we might have been in the same classes, go join and scroll down until you find the two photos....

I made sure there was a link to here from the group..

http://www.facebook.com/groups/165773113522985/

Huntingdon Sec school Mary, I posted a couple of old school photos on FB, in the St Anns pre demolition group. Good chance we might have been in the same classes, go join and scroll down until you find the two photos....

I made sure there was a link to here from the group..

http://www.facebook.com/groups/165773113522985/

thanks for the facebook address took a look at the site its excellent

mary

• 3 months later...

Hi Mary. I was at St Anns Junior school 1957 to 1961. I remember the headteacher, Mr. Salt but other than that my memory's a bit hazy. We lived in Westminster Terrace of Westminster Road. I remember well going to the Cavendish pictures on Saturday mornings. My dad was a regular at the 'Wessie' pub and had an allotment on Hungerhill Road. It seems like another world now and I'm sad that most of it has gone though I wouldn't want the hard work my mam used to have to cope with. 5 kids in a tiny space - no hot water and a tin bath filled with saucepans of hot water. We don't know we're born these days do we?

• Upvote 2

Hi Valy, welcome to the Forum. There are a few of us on here from old St Anns who remember shopping in Commercial Square, on Alfred St, Union Road and the Fourpenny (or was it sixpenny) rush at the Cavo on Saturday mornings, although I was an Empress kid myself.

There's lots on the Forum to jog your memory, and please le us have your memories to jog ours !

Hi Mary. I was at St Anns Junior school 1957 to 1961. I remember the headteacher, Mr. Salt but other than that my memory's a bit hazy. We lived in Westminster Terrace of Westminster Road. I remember well going to the Cavendish pictures on Saturday mornings. My dad was a regular at the 'Wessie' pub and had an allotment on Hungerhill Road. It seems like another world now and I'm sad that most of it has gone though I wouldn't want the hard work my mam used to have to cope with. 5 kids in a tiny space - no hot water and a tin bath filled with saucepans of hot water. We don't know we're born these days do we?

Hi valy

I knew and went to school with a Wendy Husband she also had a brother called Barry. I think they lived on Westminster Terrace. Did you know them.

Mary1947, do you recognize any of these youngsters??

BlueBellHillSchoolPhoto_zps3736b41a.jpg

What year was the photo taken is it ST Ann's Well Road infants as it says Bluebell hill on the

bottom of the photo

Has to be somewhere around 1952-1954, as I started there in 52, I'm not sure where I am in the photo, I have another one somewhere, I can pick myself out in that one, as soon as I locate it, I'll scan it and post it here. I think I'm third from the left on the back row.

A young Indian, we had one at Huntingdon St Sec school in our class, he didn't wear a turban, in fact he had short back and sides, Peter Singh if I recall correctly.

• 2 months later...

Hello, I lived at 64 duncombe street, Dennis McCarthy's family lived next door but one and his mother Mary lived next door. Have fond memories of visiting her and doing sketches for her as a lad. My gran and grandad lived up the street at 88 I think, Arthur and Millie Hinde, anyone remember?

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Is there anyone out there who went to St Ann's Well Road Infant and Junior school.

I can recall some teachers names when I was there.

Infant School Miss Bampton who was my first teacher headmistress Miss/Mrs Hayes

Junior School Mr Teasedale and Miss Brown Headmaster Mr Salt.

I was there 55-61 and remeber well Mrs Hayes, Mrs Wilkinson (infant school) Mr Walton, Mr Gibby, Miss Brown and Mr Salt. Can't quite remember the name of the lady teacher who played the piano at assembly. I was in Miss Browns Class along with (others I can vaguely recall) Tony Fukes, Linda Wand, Robert Campbell, David Walker, June ? and of course about 28 others

• 6 years later...
On 1/14/2014 at 9:03 PM, mary1947 said:

Hi valy

I knew and went to school with a Wendy Husband she also had a brother called Barry. I think they lived on Westminster Terrace. Did you know them.

I was at St Anns 57-61 in Miss Browns class, Mr salt headmaster. Love to hear from anyone in the same class. Denis Garfoot denisathome@live.co.uk. Names I remeber, sat next to Tony Fukes, remember Linda Wand, David Walker,  and robert Cambell

Sorry Mavis admin of St Ann's I think I have just repeated whar you have said in an early post. Please don't clap me in irons.

PS there is a photo that I put on our site with Robert Cambell, Shirly Barber, Keith Penrose, Shelia Bull, and myself when we were in infants, Mrs Hayes was headmistress, Miss Bampton was our form tutor.

Keith Penrose rings a bell, I'm pretty sure he was at Huntingdon Sec school with me 58/62.

• 10 months later...