Currently I have the following flours in my pantry: Soy, Brown Rice, Buckwheat, Sorghum, Millet, Chickpea (Besan), Rye - plain and wholemeal, Spelt - plain and wholemeal, strong Bakers flour, and a funny one given to me by my daughter - Coconut flour. Plus ordinary flour - plain, self-raising and wholemeal wheat. Which all told is fifteen variants. Have tried Amaranth and Quinoa flours on occasions as well.

The Buckwheat, Sorghum and Millet flours make gorgeous pancakes, each with it's own character. I use equal quantities of Spelt - plain and wholemeal, and Rye to make flat bread most days. When I do gluten-free bread in my breadmaker, I generally use Brown Rice, Sorghum and Millet, and I use Soy and Besan to thicken sauces, stews and curries. My current favourite is Spelt flour. This whole thing really took off when I discovered a wholesale warehouse quite close that supplied health food shops, and sold to the public. Being able to buy at wholesale prices was magic, and often get carried away when visiting.

Should I see a psychiatrist about this fetish or might it be considered "normal"? I know some people have vast arrays of different herbs and spices in their kitchens, and some guys keep lots of beer varieties. Does anyone else have lots of variants of similar food or drink items that they use regularly?

• Upvote 1

Hiya,

We don't have a big selection of anything in particular in our pantry, the most selection we have at any time will be Mustards....English, Tewkesbury, French, German, Dijon and American, my favorites are the English and Dijon.

Alisoncc, besides the Brown Rice, Sorghum and Millet, which others are gluten free? My daughter has just discovered that her 6 year old daughter may possibly be coeliac and so is looking into making gluten free products.

Darkazana the following are all gluten-free: Soy, Brown Rice, Buckwheat, Sorghum, Millet & Chickpea (Besan). Will write up some gluten-free recipes and PM them to you in due course.

• Upvote 1

Hiya,

We don't have a big selection of anything in particular in our pantry, the most selection we have at any time will be Mustards....English, Tewkesbury, French, German, Dijon and American, my favorites are the English and Dijon.

Where d'you get your Tewkesbury mustard from? Asda used to stock it but they don't do it any more. For the benefit of others, it's also known as "horseradish mustard".

Hi Carni

Have you tried the English wholegrain mustard its beautiful on a roast beef cob, when those little seeds burst the flavour explosion is amazing. Give it a try

fch782c,

The English Whole Grain mustard rings a bell with me, we went through a stage where we tried any new ones we saw, so there's a good chance we did try it, the memory has gone as to whether we liked it or not, soz, if we see some i will give it another try.

Scriv

The Tewkesbury mustard we used to buy was from a Garden Centre in the West Midlands, and also from a Tewkesbury Deli, Probably from Asda or Safeway before it became Morrisons as well.That also is one we haven't had for a while, I had forgotten about it until today.