Bin A Bad Boy

$1099 + Traffic school $59 -------8 Mph over 55 doing 63

The guy in front of me at the courthouse did a California stop that was $1355 + school

That's an expensive 8 over the limit!!! I tend to drive just under the speed limit, I hate giving the city or county any more than I have to in taxes. Speeding being the most expensive tax..

Lauping up the M74 the other night, my hubby (Ex Policeman) spotted traffic car in inside lane, so slows to a steady 70 as we pass him. "Ho Ho" says hubby, he will have spotted us coming up and will be laughing to see us slow rapidly. He'll keep his eye on us for a bit. Good job I used to be on traffic" So we continued at a sedate 70mph.

A mini came bombing by us. "Watch and learn" says hubby. "He will have slowed to pass the traffic car, but will think they won't have noticed that he's speeded up again. He doesn't know about their radar! They'll let him go so far and then have him!"

Sure enough a few minutes later traffic car goes past at speed, and turns on the lights as they catch up with the mini.

See the smiles!!!!! :biggrin:

It's very useful having a retired policeman as a hubby!!

• Upvote 1

Oh Arr ta!

Affagot

We're actually looking at getting a new Dacia Duster, for the ground clearance!, the underside of my Cmax is scraped to buggery where I've been down all these country lanes and dirt tracks for my fishing and our camping

$1099 + Traffic school $59 -------8 Mph over 55 doing 63

The guy in front of me at the courthouse did a California stop that was $1355 + school

Alright, I give up........What's a 'California Stop" please?

A "California stop" is better known as a rolling stop. Over here we are allowed to turn right against a red light, BUT only if it's safe to do so, and we must STOP first...Californian drivers have a reputation for "rolling" through red lights and stop signs without stopping, just slowing down, hence "California rolling stops"

I'll plead the fifth..........No never done it, honest guv.....

SLOWLY Kath????? I've seen many go through stop signs like it was a "Yield" sign...LOL Coppers seem to be the worst.

Got you beat Mick 5.4 litre 385 hp

Near the State Capitol building run a red light & its $2800 posted on the sign minimum it will cost you at least twice that.

The cop was coming the other way when he clocked me he did one of the classic tyre smoking U turns. said do you want to see the Vid My reply "I tried arguing once that didn't work out too well".

In all the years I drove in California and Florida I only got stopped once. For doing a turn in a road junction, which was entrance road to a car dealership on Colorado Blvd Pasadena, Ca.

Officer "Do you do turns in a business district in the UK?"

Me "Well yes officer"

After checking my docs and passport he let me off with a caution, only after that did I tell him what I did for a living.

We had quite a lengthy chat and a good laugh. I still have the cops card somewhere.

On another occasion I took my dad to his bank in Montrose Ca, and we had to wait quite a while. I realised I had not put my dads disable pass on my rental car before parking in a disabled bay on the bank car park. I rushed out to see a black & white parked blocking my car in! The cop was writing a ticket.

I informed him my dad was in the bank and showed him the blue badge which I had left on the floor.

Then I brought my dad out of the bank to show I had him with me.

Cop "Stan2me are you really 94 years of age?"

Dad "Yes"

The cop tore up the ticket.

Top marks Pasadena and Glendale PD for officer discretion.

But I always wondered what kind of fine I would have got.

Nasty people down here. Don't know if you have these in the UK or elsewhere, but....

Opened a new freeway here recently and they have mounted cameras under the bridges. Using vehicle recognition software they register any vehicle passing underneath and then do the same a few kilometres further on, calculate your speed over the distance, and woe betide you if your average over the distance is more than they allow. It catches all those who slow down when they approach a bridge and then speed up, thinking they have fooled the revenue collectors.

Average Speed check is common here now on Motorways and where there are roadworks.

The A453 widening has 40mph average until you approach Clifton, then 30mph.

Also fixed and Police Car mounted ANPR cameras placed which notify police of vehicles passing that are Stole of interest or have no tax insurance or MOT.

The police car ANPR looks like a saucepan.

dsc10348.jpg

http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/