They don't mek em like this now!

The Thing From Another World (played by James Arness) - Invasion of the Body Snatchers - Creature From The Black Lagoon

The first two si - fis with modern seqels which are worth a look, and don't forget Quatermass 1/2/3.

• Upvote 2

We like Stargate, way ahead of old Sc-Fi stuff..

Yeah my planet is more up to date, we have flying cars too....LOL

• Upvote 1

Quatermass and the Pit. When Quatermass was on the TV my mum watched it from behind the settee.

I am a big fan of all the Carry on films. Also films like Passport to Pimlico, and the Crazy Gang. I also remember two films starring Jack Warner. One was 'The Blue Lamp', in which the copper played by Jack Warner got killed. Despite this it was the idea for the TV series 'Dixon of Dock Green'. The other film was 'Train of Events'. An absolute must for all of us railway nuts.

When I was little, my parents took me to see a film (at the Ilko Road Picture House) called 'Don't go near the water'. Can anyone remember this film?

'The Belles of St Trinians'. The sequels weren't up to much but Alister Sim films are always worth a look. 'An Inspector Calls'; 'Green For Danger'; 'Laughter in Paradise'; 'Hue and Cry'.

I did like the Great St. Trinian's Train Robbery. A bit cheesy but good for train buffs.

I saw the 'Tommy Steele Story' and 'The Duke Wore Jeans' at the Ilko Road Picture House.