Found this link while searching through various sites for the identity of the mystery car - YES - still looking!

No date, no location, no nothing but thought someone would like it out there?

http://www.georgebward.co.uk/#/forever-ace/4557055068

4556665067.jpg

4556664975.jpg

4556665266.jpg

That's the famous Ace café on the way out of London cannot remember the name of the road but it could be the A 11

A mix of original and current generation Trumpy's. The one in the foreground is a Thruxton 900, which was produced in the last 5 years. I notice a couple of Thunderrbirds in the background too.

I've been past it a few times , I knew it was just off of the North Circular, now I'm going to have to search for the exact road number!

Just tracked it down and I have to be honest, that's not the one I was thinking of ! The one I recall is to the West of London

:biggrin:Trevor, as soon as I saw the above photos I thought Babs and her hubby will love these - congratulations on your good deed for the day! :biggrin:

PS: Didn't those Rockers cause some trouble back in the 60's?

PPS: The 'Ace Cafe' looks like an Art Deco building - preservation order on it?

this is the modern ace cafe as den put up location posibly this years photos of yearly london to brighton run a couple of weeks ago. although it dose not seem busy enough for that perhaps just an ordanary day

there was lots of clases with the mods and rockers all over the country in the sixties jacksonand the rockers got a very bad press they were even paid by the press to start a ruckus as were the mods if anyone is interested there is a book called ace timesmaily about ace cafe london but also as photoes and a write up about nottingham aces came out a couple of years ago we have got a copy dont know if its available in the libiary its called ace timesi will let you know the author later when i find the book in the other room .

And if you decide to have a trip to the Ace on a bike, be careful of road signs, as Brent Council have issued a banning order to stop motorcycles from using certain roads locally.

It only applies to bikes, though. You can still use a car, a coach, or even a 38-tonne artic.

We, (the Nottingham Aces) used to go down to the Ace cafe sometimes on our saturday night run. We would usually call in at the other famous biker cafe The Busy Bee near Watford. Often we would take a run from the Ace into central London around 2am, we had many adventures down there.

Once we, maybe ten bikes 18 Rockers including some girls, parked up at Nottingham Place, intending to walk through Soho. Tthere were some big guys amomg us, Barry Price was the biggest. A couple of coppers stopped us and strongly advised us not to go into Soho as there were many thousands of Mods there. We were used to being well outnumbered, but this time discretion took the better part of valour, and we turned around, got to our bikes,,,, and rode through Soho.

The Mods were packed on the narrow streets as well as the pavements, and we just blasted a path through them in low gear. They scattered as we hurtled pass. Some tried to grab us off our bikes, fortunately without success. The chick on the back of my bike grabbed a bowler hat off one Mod who didn't get out of the way quick enough. She threw it up in the air, he would have got it back.

The adrenalin was high, we couldn't stop for anything, intersections, traffic lights etc, or we would have been in serious discomfort. We made it all the way through Soho.

We then blasted back to the safety of the Ace Cafe, as I said the adrenalin was high, and with the exception of Big Bazz we were tonning it through the streets of London. Poor old Bazz couldn't get a ton out of his bike as he was far too big for the bhp of those early 60's bikes.

We owe a lot to the media who reported about the Mods and Rockers, we wouldn't have had half so much fun were it not for their lies.

• Upvote 2