Moon landings???

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

James Burke did a show many years ago where he explained why it was mathematically unlikely we've been visited by 'aliens'. Whilst i can't remember the numbers, the logic made sense. Firstly, if we ca

I Understood the 'tits up' bit Colly

Brain Cox has said "we are the only intelligent beings in our galaxy at the present time," thing is, how will we ever know?

The moon int a planet it's a satellite, I thought things were odd in my little world but if theres any room in yours for a day please let me know,we can all learn from each other

Rog

It was Charles Chilton that wrote "Journey Into Space", and the first series, Operation Luna, was very much as described in #22, or the first part about the Moon anyway.

Wonder if Tyafans is any relation to Charles Chilton, or fell asleep listening to the programme?

Jet Morgan, Doc, Mitch and Lemmie sorted it out !! :laugh:

The existance of Area 51 was never a conspiracy. The govt. never denied its existence, they simply never acknowledged it. What goes on there IS the fodder for many conspiracy theorists and will forever remain the idiocy it has always been.

As to man in space/the moon, a good friend was on the Aircraft carrier for two of the moon mission recoveries. He has photos he took himself and I know he is not telling lies. Moreover, the radiation in the Van Allen belt is particulate radiation, not electromagnetic and is mostly stopped by even aluminium foil!

Wallace and Gromit went to the moon, so at least someone landed on it! And if memory serves me well, it WAS made of cheese. Crackin' bit of cheese, Gromit.

I so want the 'inter dimensional beings' thing to be true. I wonder if the Large Hadron Collider will discover them, (or rediscover if the authorities already know about them) after all they say it could throw up some surprises, & that would be a surprise (to me at least)..

I can see some of Mr Tyafans stuff. We live on the planet earth and take all our scientific laws from what we know on earth. We have sent probes into space notably to Mars. There must be things out there we know nothing about. Indeed there are things in our world we also know nothing about. Look at how technology has accelerated in the last twenty years. When George Stevenson built the Rocket (the engine) and announced that it could do 30MPH, people were aghast. "What?!" They said. "Going that speed will melt your brain". We are convinced (and there is probably proof) that the human body can't travel the speed of light. If so, we will not be ever using that method to get to far distant worlds. But what if there was another way, yet to be discovered.

In my lifetime, the telephone was still a very primitive instrument, radios and TVs took two people to lift and many illnesses were a definite death sentence. Now we have stuff that is out of date before it is even marketed.

If anyone could take their cars, laptops TVs etc back 3000 years, they would be seen as Gods.

Then there is DNA. How we take it all for granted. How utterly complicated is DNA. Is there anything similar we can use to explore space?.. What about the old alchemist. We now know that in theory it is possible to turn any element into Gold. It is only a matter of time before someone finds out how to re-arrange all the Protons, Neutrons and Electrons in the Atom. And boy, will that cause us all some problems. What I am saying is, people have a right to their theories, and also do not write anything off. The truth is out there!

To add to all this, the Bible was made up of stuff that was put together up to 3000 years ago. The writers or people who passed on the stories could only relate to what they knew. As I said, why would only one planet in the whole universe be inhabited by intelligent life form (do not count the life forms seen on the Jeremy Kyle Show - that's before anyone else says it).

Ah but you see Wallace and Gromit are all part of a conspiracy.

When will people wake up to the fact that the plasticine people are going to take over!

All the facts are there, you just have to put them in the right order.

Well that's reassuring. They seem a lot more sensible than most of the people who are in charge at the moment.

I am always amused by comments made by "scientists" that Life cannot exist here, there or wherever. When what they actually mean is "carbon based life as we know it" cannot exist ..... It's such a blanket statement that they make and it's so ridiculous.

There used to be a SETI project where individuals all over the world would leave there computers running 24/7, and they would be used to analyse data received from radio telescopes and radio arrays. SETI - Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence. I was part of the project for quite a few years.

Think we must have been getting quite close to discovering something, 'cos the Aliens started a rumour that the project had been compromised and was actually decyphering the keys for Fort Knox and the Bank of England. So everyone stopped participating. What made it worse for many was that the rumour was that we wouldn't get a share.

I must say the above cartoon sums up my feelings about the whole business of aliens in flying saucers or UFOs or what have you.

I quite agree that it's highly unlikely (although we can't say impossible) that intelligent life doesn't exist anywhere else in the universe, nor is it inconceivable that somewhere out there intelligent life has developed a way of travelling between the stars.

But if they have visited the Earth I do feel they'd either make proper contact with humanity - or else, considering they're advanced enough to have travelled all this way they'd be competent enough to completely conceal their presence without giving rise to these stories of 'abductions' and sightings of lights in the sky, etc, etc.

But if they have visited the Earth I do feel they'd either make proper contact with humanity - or else, considering they're advanced enough to have travelled all this way they'd be competent enough to completely conceal their presence without giving rise to these stories of 'abductions' and sightings of lights in the sky, etc, etc.

Agreed. Whenever there are reports/films/stories of sightings and contacts (now or in the past), they are always described in terms of the technology of the time. Look at 1950s ideas of aliens and their spaceships, and compare them to 2013 ideas of aliens and their spaceships - they've changed a helluva lot. Those reports just reflect contemporary science fiction of the time.