We got our bikes out. Had them years, but hardly used them.

Pumped up the tyres but my front goes down after a few days?

SWMBO has cracks round the sidewalls but hers has stayed up.

Mine are perfect.

Are they likely to be tubeless?

Are we better getting Inner tubes if they are?

Never heard of tubeless tyres in push bikes, most wheels are spoked and adjustable, so I'd assume tubeless would be impossible.

All the bikes I've had or ridden were inner tubed. The wheel size will be on the tyre Mick, just get some new inner tubes, old ones are likely to have perished.

I used to cycle to work on nights at Beeston Boiler Co from the Meadows... I got plenty of flats on those trips going past the businesses in Lenton, stuff that fell off trucks..I had three flats in a quarter mile once...I got to work rather peed off!!

I got the trusty steed out one night to go to work from Clifton to East Leake.........Yeah right! Never noticed it was all down hill to Gotham on the bus!!

Being a country lane back then, I looked around to see if my rear light was on........Went off the road and over the handlebars... Picked myself up and started off again, and eff me I did the same thing again.

Next morning, finished the nightshift, got my shower and off on my way to loads of cheers from the nightshift crew heading to their cars.

It was a fairly warm summers morning, wasn't too bad until I'd passed Gotham BG works, then bloody Nora!!! It was all uphill to Clifton..

That was the last time that bike was ridden..

You'll need a pair of those smooth tyre levers Mick to get the tyre off the rims, just make sure you don't pinch the inner tube.

Yeah but spoons don't fit in the tyre repair kit tins.....LOL

• Upvote 1

You only get tubeless tyres on racing bikes, can I suggest you get a new set of tyres and tubes for each bike,only a few quid from Halfords,they're not far from you Mick, if you struggling to fit them nip them over to me or I'll come to yours,let me know

Rog

Pedant alert!

The lightweight tyres used on racing bikes are not tubeless, they're more accurately described as tubular. Having had to repair more than my fair share of them, they are an airtight tube stitched inside an outer shell, which has the tread on it. The tyre is then glued to the rim with a pre-glued tape. For track racing they used to be stuck on with shellac glue. (Not sure what they use these days)

As regards the slow deflation, my suspicions would be on either the rubber valve seal having degraded over time, or even the inner tube itself.

My tires themselves are fine, I can see the inner tube, what I can see looks fine.

It stays up when ridden but left for a week, it has gone down. Need to get some tire irons to remove the front tire.

We have a spare bike I can borrow the front, but won't be riding it cos it's a ladies.

SWMBO rode hers today no problems

:hand:

I cannot stress safety while riding a bike.

Helmets must be worn at all times even when riding down a neglected overgrown canal tow path.

In my experience of many years of cycling there are several things you must take into consideration, the weather by which I mean rain and wind.

Wind can be very dangerous especially that generated by passing high sided vehicles.

Rain is just as dangerous, not only can it blur your vision but on a down hill section can cause aquaplaning that’s why its very important to have a descent depth of tread on your tyres and inflated to the right pressures front and back as if you would with any car tyre.

I can’t stress this enough, once wet the brakes won’t work, very important to remember that, if you don’t take this fact into consideration and you haven’t allowed enough braking distance you will hit whatever you are trying to avoid, then that helmet will pay dividends..

Whatever you do don’t neglect your bike, things like brake adjustment is commonly neglected and a bell wouldn’t go a miss either.

Also common oversight is the chain, wish I had a pound for every rusty chain I’ve seen.

They do snap if not oiled.

After saying all that the main thing is to enjoy the new experience of wind in your hair and the feel of a damp crutch while riding in the rain.

Some cold comfort can be taken from the fact that accidents involving cyclists are on the increase especially those involving pedestrians walking on the pavement ..

Regards Al

Just splash out and get new tyres and tubes all round, you could always try TRIKE riding, three wheels so you can't fall off, no need for a helmet, drum brakes so not affected by the rain and that low down the wind don't get you, happy cycling

Rog

I agree with Rog, get yersen a new set of inner tubes! I can't be bothered with messing about with punctures....they're cheap enough!

:hand: I believe there are certain substances [liquids] on the market specially designed to repair a puncture.

Liquids that seal a hole without the need to remove inner tube.

Remove valve pore in tyre and pump up job done

I have one pacifically for a car tyre.

Connect to valve and job done.

Pressurised container no need to pump up

Cheap from bargain shops.

Regards Al

I have no tools to take the tyre off.

How do you find a puncture in a tubeless tyre?

Dip the wheel in the Trent?

Chuck the bike off Trent bridge and if you see bubbles coming up then it is probably a puncture.

I'll get me coat now.

Baz :ninja: