pinch punch first of the month!

My goodness that's gone fast! Anyone else found this year has flown by? In 8/9 weeks we will be waking up thinking how we only have 25 days till Christmas!!

Pixie,

And the older you get, the faster it goes!. Sometimes i can't believe how fast time passes. I seem to be saying, "Oh i'll do it tomorrow" more and more these days!. Enjoy every day and make it last as long as you can. :) "Not sure if time goes faster or i have slowed down!, Well i know which one it is really". :huh: :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Month of celebrations for me. Youngest grand-daughter turns 16 on 17th and my 44th Wedding anniversary on the 23rd (How has she put up with me all these years Bless her). Also my sons 41st birthday. He was born on our 3rd wedding anniversary.

Yep summer has flown by for me. Came back from our stint in Scotland last night. Now its action stations get preserving and baking and looking forward to the long winter months, dreaming in front of roaring log fires and preparing for our next years post, which at this moment is unknown. Well time to get back to harvesting the apples and checking out the hedgerows.

Always say "Rabbits" but it has to be the first thing you say on waking up, and I find that more and more difficult as age creeps up on me, so say it as soon as I can and hope that that's enough for the Fates who are listening !!

• Upvote 1

Iv always said white rabbits, white rabbits, white rabbits apon waking up on the first day of the month.

I'm glad this year has flown by, rubbish year and I can't wait to see the back of it! But, bring on festivities and celebrations now autumn is here and winter draws in...

Pixie, when you get to 64, you will remember those words, "I'm glad this year has flown by".

As you get older, your time is taken up by so many things,and then one day you sit with your grand children,asking yourself the same question we all have asked,' where did the years go'.

Make every day count, we cannot go back in time we can only go forward,All of us 'old farts' have our memories to look back on.

• Upvote 3

Totally agree mudgie! I make sure I always have something to smile about the day iv had, even if iv had a bad day, before I close my eyes to sleep that night.

I make the most of everything, even if it's very little. And I value the time I spend with family and my friends, especially my daughter.

It's just this summer has got to be the worst for me, a close relation was ill with a life threatoning condition but luckily they have made a full recovery. My old friend was murdered and my father + best friend passed away within 5 days of each other. So my summer has been filled with nothing but sadness, and as I start to feel abit 'normal' again and like I'm slowly getting back on track although everytime I think of my best friend especially as it was her I spoke to every day and turned to when I needed help, it's like someone had stabbed me in the heart. Thinking about my dad and all the unanswered qustions does the same thing also. But as I'm getting back on track I'm looking forward to everything this autumn and winter brings. I'm sure/hoping next year will be a much better one & I look forward to it!

• Upvote 4

Went in Sainsburys last Friday, they had a special promotion, MINCE PIES! in the festive red boxes with holly leaves printed on.

What's the point, they'll all be out of date long before Christmas!

Or they may be last years pies...

Pixie, treasure and savour every micro second your child is still very young. They are hard work but the very best days of my life were when my boys were very young. I worked a lot of hours but spent as much time as I could with them. When I was on nights I used to go up and look at them sleeping. 30 odd years later they are still my best friends and I love spending time with them. We are a very loving family, but I think I am lucky to have two sons who are so fond of each other. They seldom ever fell out.

I can remember all the good times when they were kids. I could happily go back to those days. They are both big strong men well able to protect themselves, but I would easily stand in front of them if someone wanted to harm them. But the time spent with them when they were young was priceless.

Ayup Melton Stilton and Chris B, who says we can only eat mince pies at Christmas. I would sooner eat my home baked ones (filled with home made mince meat), than eat the sickly stuff from supermarkets.

Pixie, treasure and savour every micro second your child is still very young. They are hard work but the very best days of my life were when my boys were very young. I worked a lot of hours but spent as much time as I could with them. When I was on nights I used to go up and look at them sleeping. 30 odd years later they are still my best friends and I love spending time with them. We are a very loving family, but I think I am lucky to have two sons who are so fond of each other. They seldom ever fell out.

I can remember all the good times when they were kids. I could happily go back to those days. They are both big strong men well able to protect themselves, but I would easily stand in front of them if someone wanted to harm them. But the time spent with them when they were young was priceless.

As a stay at home mum, I spend an awful lot of time with her and I love every minute! I can't believe two years ago she was a tiny newborn and now she's this cheeky toddler with a vocab of a 3 year old, she will have a proper conversation with you in sentences... But has started the annoying 'why' phase. But I can't help but laugh as she stands there asking why. Now she's older and she's able to do things, we spend a lot of time playing with her dolls and peppa pig...it's scary that in the blink of an eye she will be an 'independent' teen, not wanting her mum around.

Went in Sainsburys last Friday, they had a special promotion, MINCE PIES! in the festive red boxes with holly leaves printed on.

What's the point, they'll all be out of date long before Christmas!

Probably got that much preservative in them they will still be fine next year !

Cannot stand the things myself .

Pixie. She will always want her mum but won't admit it. Like you say, they are on a voyage of discovery and everything is so new at that age. Have you noticed? Happy toddlers are natural comedians. No airs and graces. What you see is what you get.

• 1 year later...