Eye strike the quays and type a whirred
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am write oar wrong
It tells me strait a weigh.

Eye ran this poem threw it,
Your shore real glad two no.
Its vary polished in its weigh.
My chequer tolled me sew

Correct spelling is of crucial importance.

• Upvote 9
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ultimately it's the content which is more important than the means of getting there. I'd sooner read something interesting which may not be grammatically perfect, rather than something perfect which

Eye have a spelling chequer, It came with my Pea Sea. It plane lee marks four my revue Miss Steaks I can knot sea. Eye strike the quays and type a whirred And weight four it two say Weather eye am wr

Don't you think all this talk about spelling and punctuation might put some people of posting. Life is to short.

I have to go to the treatment centre at the QMC at least once a year for a long time condition. While I am waiting I watch the TV which is always on one of the News channels. Because of the background noise, the speech is always there to read. It must be sound recognition because some of the words which come up are so weird. Which tells us something else. It is not only important to spell your words correctly, but also to pronounce them correctly when you are speaking.

Had a letter through the door regarding my late father, it was quite a sensitive letter.. and I found it quite insensitive that not only was all my name & address spelt incorrectly, the letters of my name were jumbled up.

They could of at least double checked that letters were in the correct order even if it's miss-spelt. If it was a letter of a less sensitive nature I'd be more forgiving.

You should see how they mess my last name up, it bears no resemblance to how it's spelled to how it's pronounced.

Neither, my line is traceable to the Yorkshire clan of my family, about a 1000 years back...

:biggrin: To those of you who have difficulty spelling, I say just keep writing regardless and love what you're writing; the writing will only get better and you will want to make it even better by reaching for the dictionary - the beginnings of a love affair with words................. :biggrin:

PS: Two people I admire: Carni and Babs; may their writing always be as interesting............................

• Upvote 2

At school, they told me I was dyslexic. And I spent a couple of school years going to these 'special' classes for writing. 9 years on and I would say my spelling is ok. I hope so... Because I somehow got qualified to being a preschool teacher haha m)

• Upvote 3

There's a line in the 10CC song "Dreadlock Holiday" that should be "Don't you cramp me style, don't you queer on me pitch" It used to come up on the Karaoke I ran in Ibiza as "Don't you cramp me style, don't you wee on me beach" thanks to good old auto word recognition!!

AND, iff I ear ani moore abowt mi badd spelin, Im gunna scweem.

We had an east European lad in our class at school, couldn't speak English when he arrived, was top of the class in our final year. Teachers taught him English after they had set us all out for work.

He had a name that was almost unpronounceable....It was shortened to Horrocks by his parents.

Even if it was spelt correctly , he'd still look a tw*t.

• Upvote 1

Our local butcher had a spelling error on a sign outside his shop. I asked him if it was deliberate and he said yes, because people would come into his shop to tell him and then buy something. I gave him my views on standards then left. He hasn't done it since.

There was a green grocer who did something similar back in the 70s , selling onions a unions, carrots as carrits etc, it did him a roaring trade for similar reasons.

Then there was another greengrocer, a bloke walked in and asked for a pound tomatoes. The Green grocer told him that it was kilos nowadays, the bloke replied, I'll have a pound of kilos then please

• Upvote 3