I watched a Christmas film last year that left me in tears last year. Can't remember what it was called though... Could of been the one you suggested.

I love a good cry, especially when reading my bank statements.

• Upvote 1

Love most Westerns especially if you look beyond the settings and appreciate the situation, also ANYTHING with Jodie Foster in it.

I know she bats for the other side (allegedly ) but she is gorgeous and that accent WOW! She could talk to me for ever.

No, wasn't that one. But now I want to watch it!

Can't stand films that use one dimensional actors. Stallone, schwartzneggar, willis Statham e.t.c. Much prefer a movie that has real actors in it so that the viewer stops seeing the actor and only see's the character portrayed. for an example, Michael Caine in "harry Brown"Michael Sheen in "Damned United' John Mills and trevor Howard and such like. I am sure that we all have at least one good actor favourite.

Some film titles that I could watch several times are

Jesus of Montreal. (Canadian)

Brotherhood ( Tae guk ci).(Korean)

The Lion in Winter.

Any Kurasawa film

Most Depardieu films

Zatoichi (Japanese)

The eigth Day (french)

I hope that you get the chance to see some of these if possible. They all have strong story lines and great actors.

• Upvote 1

I do recall and with great fondness, using the cinema at the end of Orlando drive in Carlton ( the Ritz) and the one close to the bottom of Carlton Hill called ( the regal). The regal had a lovely small but compact sweetie shop next door that sold Coltsfoot and Arrowroot as well as all the old favourite sweets in their white paper bags.

The sweet shop was "Buntys" and was great for us kids as it was open on a Sunday afternoon, when nothing else was.

Used to go to the Ritz for Saturday matinee but the Regal closed a long time before my cinema going era.

Mrs J, can we have less mention of Colin Firths simmering manhood.

I nearly choked on my cake!!!!!!

• 5 years later...