Ever wondered what it will be like in 50 years time?

I'm with RBS, just had a letter confirming that the proposed takeover by Santander had fallen through, and that a consortium had been formed and a plan had been formulated to take over RBS. The new name would be William & Glyns. That's not far off how it was over fifty years ago when I joined the William Deacons branch on Bramcote Lane which itself became William & Glyns.

I await the consequences with fear and trepidation .

And the Management of the Bank look forward to it with glee, greed and a smile!

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re the price of a pint. 50 years ago it was about a bob (5p) now (for arguments sake ) we'll say it's 3 quid ie an increase of 60 fold, vis a vis a pint will be £180 ! Bugger that, I'm getting my shar

You are wrong there, Bilbraborn. Mandatory euthanasia and the bodies ground up and made into little green biscuits called Soylent Green! Then sold at a massive profit by our governments to feed th

As well as permanently rounded shoulders and a stoop. With a bit of luck, they may develop ESP so they won't even need to look up from their little screens to see where they're going. As for power,

It's not well known, but my old mate Bartholomew Utterswaithe is a time traveller.

Here is an advertisement he brought back from 2064.

Tesco Offers this week:

Sliced Green bread - only £3 a slice.

Outer Peruvian Carthorse shank - reduced to £490 a kilo.

Lithuanian Amphetamine - Half Price down to just £200 an ounce.

Cameron Lotto tickets - This week down to only £144 each.

Whale Milk @ £59 a litre.

Hehehe!