What's for tea?

Today I picked a crop of lovely Parasol fungus from the local wood. I made mushroom soup and a stuffing for a pumpkin. I had sweet corn, followed by wild mushroom soup and then pumpkin stuffed with chicken, peppers,onion, mushroom and cucumber), with mashed potato. All home grown except the chicken pieces.

Here's my pickings from the wood:

IMG_8878.JPG?gl=GB

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We're currently in a small seaside coastal town in mid Western Australia, been here for several weeks so our main diet has been fish, steamed fish, fried fish, fish cakes, in fact a hundred and one w

Today I picked a crop of lovely Parasol fungus from the local wood. I made mushroom soup and a stuffing for a pumpkin. I had sweet corn, followed by wild mushroom soup and then pumpkin stuffed with ch

Hope you enjoy them as much as us, it took me nearly two hours to make them and five minutes to eat them. mmmm Lovely. Worth every minute.

Our traditional goose fair dinner!

Every year when goose fair is in town I make us hot dogs, mushie peas, chips and corn on the cob. :)

Spanish Omelette. (Chicken, onion, peas, sweetcorn, tomatoes, and of course, eggs. Gobbled up with relish by all three of them (Me too) It's great to see an empty plate with no arm twisting, it some how makes all the effort worthwhile! (And that's just SWMBO..LOL)

• Upvote 1

My wife and I went out for lunch today. It's her birthday and we went to a place called 'Riverside Farm' which is on Queens Drive, Nottingham. She'd been told that they do a nice salad there and my wife found this to be true. I was going to have the same but when I saw that they had a carvery I had a full plate of beef and veg, which I really enjoyed.

We went out for lunch, steak sandwich and salad for my beloved and I had Calamari, chips and salad

For tea had chicken and home made stuffing on bread rolls, chicken and stuffing left over from last evening.

Compo, you make me jealous and bring back memories of my old "blue button" haunts, mmmnn! bacon and blue buttons !

• Upvote 1

MMMM Num,

My daughter made a quiche with bacon and topped with tomato, she makes the most fantastic pastry. I would like to say i taught her, but i am afraid my pastry is rubbish. :unsure: I cooked mashed potato with 'Lurpak' and we had 'Baked Beans'. A funny concoction but we enjoy it every now and then. Followed by scones,(cooked to Darkasana's recipe), 'lurpak, Strawberry Jam and Morrisons clotted cream . Needless to say i have had indigestion all night. :huh: :biggrin:

Carni, Sounds like you would match my wife, she loves a baked potato covered with baked beans and grated cheese on top.

You mention Lurpack butter, they sell it here now and we grabbed some a while back, but it just didn't taste the same as it used to yars ago, maybe just us and our tastes changing.

• Upvote 1

banjo48,

Sounds like your wife has good taste. I don't believe 'Lurpak' tastes as nice as years ago. We tend to have the one in the tub the easy spreadable variety, we tried the hard version recently but it tasted very fatty, not as nice as i remember it. We have tried other butter but still prefer 'Lurpak'

• Upvote 1

Brekkie time here now. But last night I had freshly baked home-made bread in open sandwiches with my favourite toppings - nice squidgy avocado mixed with feta cheese and boiled egg, with just a touch of mayonaise. Thinking about I feel hungry. :)

Cheese & onion omelet with toast and baked beans. Simple and quick yet tasty, everyone including the little one - bonus!

Charizo and potato omelet,(finished off under the grill to make it rise) followed by Cranberry poached plums on a bed of French toast covered in cranberry syrup, couldn't post this last night as I as too full.

Rog

• Upvote 1

Stuffed baked Tomato Last night. Beef Tomato, scooped out, sprinkled with garlic and an egg cracked into the tomato, sprinked with cheese and baked....yummy

Shouldn't be reading this as I am trying to lose weight. Doesn't matter how hard one tries always put on a few kilos in Winter. <sob>

Thinking about making a chicken and veg pasta in the slow cooker for tonights tea.

A tin of chopped toms, veg oxo/stock cube, chopped courgette, chopped onion, peppers, then diced raw chicken breast/fillet. Then a couple of hours to an hour before serving add mushrooms and frozen Sweetcorn (can be tinned but I always have frozen in) and the pasta. Once the pasta is soft then serve with garlic bread & cheese ontop.

That's how I do it anyways, it's yummy :)

• Upvote 1