What's for tea?

i forgot all about pancake day this year! Senior moment I suppose. Had cod loin in breadcrumbs with homegrown broad beans in a home made parsley sauce (Home grown parsley) with loads of mashed potato.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We're currently in a small seaside coastal town in mid Western Australia, been here for several weeks so our main diet has been fish, steamed fish, fried fish, fish cakes, in fact a hundred and one w

Today I picked a crop of lovely Parasol fungus from the local wood. I made mushroom soup and a stuffing for a pumpkin. I had sweet corn, followed by wild mushroom soup and then pumpkin stuffed with ch

Hope you enjoy them as much as us, it took me nearly two hours to make them and five minutes to eat them. mmmm Lovely. Worth every minute.

Pancake Day today.

How will you be having yours? Any special recipes out there?

Do you flip or toss?

We have had ours today, and it was just oranges this time, though I have been known to serve them with a chicken curry filling, blackberries in a lemon sauce and banana with ice cream and maple syrup (my personal favourite)....not all on the same one. I tend to make traditional pancakes as a savoury and the thicker variety for sweet pancakes. And I always toss!!

Which then comes onto Lent...are you planning on giving anything up, or will you do something extra?

I decided that for this Lent, I would give up naked sky diving, nubile young women and caviare.

Didn't have the strength to give up me porridge, Marmite or medications.

Oh what a fibber I am!

• Upvote 2

Tonight, I had Marmite (Well... Yeast Extract frum pound shop) sandwiches, a strong cuppa Yorkshire tea we a splash o' milk, followed by a pot of treacle flavoured porridge (*B&M 39p).

Lip smacking good it were... oh and me evening medications of course.

By gum I live well yer know!

TTFN

tin of heinzbig soup witwo slices dry bread.

pancakes 3 last night with 1 spoon golden syrup on all of them and half orange then ate the other half. very nice

• Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...

Half a 400g bloomer, hollowed out and stuffed with chips....Yummy, Scrummy! This was something we did as kids with a threpenn'orth of chips. I had forgotten how tasty it is.

:)

You know when all of the Turkey's get reduced after Christmas in the Super Markets. Well that is what we are having today. I have had a request for some 'Home made Sage and Onion Stuffing) and all the trimmings. You are all invited

MENU

New potatoes or Mash

Broccolli, Carrots,Peas and Bobby Beans

Stuffing, Roast Potatoes, Yorkshire Pud

Turkey,Gravy

( A little bag of Nobby Greens, £1.49 from Morries, just for Me and Chris, Shhh, don't tell the others)

Now I really really must get off Nottstalgia and get this lot cooked.

You know when all of the Turkey's get reduced after Christmas in the Super Markets. Well that is what we are having today.

I hope you don't mean that you are actually eating turkey which has been lying around since christmas. It might've gone off a bit by now.

• Upvote 1

Whats for tea love ? i asked a few minutes ago.

have a look see what you can find in fridge darling,i'm going bingo!

• Upvote 1

We're currently in a small seaside coastal town in mid Western Australia, been here for several weeks so our main diet has been fish, steamed fish, fried fish, fish cakes, in fact a hundred and one ways to make fish interesting, but yesterday my good lady cooked up a storm with a home made chicken and mushroom pie !

An almost clone of my favorite English Pukka pie. Amazing what you can find on the internet. Beautiful if I say so myself.

ps. not really complaining about the fish as it is usually still swimming in the morning till I catch it !

• Upvote 5

Had kippers for tea today - and again every few minutes afterwards. Kippers and toothpaste now :(

• Upvote 2

Had kippers for tea today - and again every few minutes afterwards. Kippers and toothpaste now :(

We had kippers too Compo! And repeating kippers ...... ;)

What make of fish are you catching banjo48?

Mainly the humble yellowtail whiting, but also black snapper (a type of spangled emperor) and if very lucky a pink snapper or spanish mackerel. Oh and heaps of small sharks. It is called Shark Bay when all said and done.

Only got a small 3.9m tinny (aluminium dinghy) so don't venture out too far. Usually some calamari around the jetties in the evenings too.

Melissa #116: Kippers have a tendency to repeat on you. Have them for breakfast and you get them several times per hour for the rest of the day! Lovely flavour though. A note of advice....don't eat the skin, it tastes foul.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...
On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Beefsteak said:

Re Alisons post at #43 (And nothing to brag about I know) but I once won a bet regarding eating a "family bucket" of Kentucky Fried Chicken,

Just after the one on Parliament Street opened I was 'on the town' with a few work mates and the subject of KFC and the lack of meat on their portions came up, I'd said that there was less meat on their biggest pieces than in out local chippy and i could probably eat a BB all in one go! The bet was I had to eat it all ! I ate the chicken ok but I saw the looks the mates who had bet me were giving each other. Knowing they weren't going to pay up, I then started eating the bones too! at which point they payed up, in their hurry to 'distance' themselves from me they failed to notice I hadn't eaten the (Now very cold) chips !

PS 10 quid was a lot of money back in 1978!

All that talk about KFC not had one for years?

Cr2vQEyWYAAcI1H.jpg

• 1 month later...

We had one on Tuesday Red.
Tuesday they do a 'special', a 9 piece bucket for £5.99, add to that a boneless 8 pieces and you get the fries sides and a bottle of 'pop' all for less than £20 !
(believe it or not I've still got three pieces left, even after 4 of us attacked it, then me and the lad had seconds Thursday!)