P51's over my house didn't even know there was a airshow at Vacaville Airport.

Working in the garage & I know that sound went out & sure enough 2 of them waiting to get in the pattern.

Some super nice aeroplanes on the line at RAF Finningley, quite a while back. Sorry about the quality, stored in garage for years.

finningleyvulcans.jpg

• Upvote 1

I've got one of a famous Belgian (There's an oxymoron if ever there was one!) pilot doing 'touch roll touch' in one , if I can find it!

#5 Flying that low in a Widowmaker takes some courage!

The name 'Widowmaker' only referred to those flown by the German Air Force, which I understand had been modified beyond the envelope. I was once involved in an exercise in Norway and the Norwegians thought they were great and at that time had only lost one during its service with them, however long that was..

Me and the kids say this at Warrington some years ago at RAF Waddington, the commentator said that it was unable to land as they didn't think the runway was long enough but sure enough that's exactly what you hey did. Incredible size amazing how it gets off the ground

Apologies chaps for the crappy text, editing won't let me change it, yes beefsteak the model shown is I think from 1981 still enormous and makes our Hercules small by comparison, back in the early 90s I worked for Marshals of Cambridge they were working in connection with the military to build aircraft reconesance cabins able to withstand the worst weather conditions and the company were commissioned to modify Hercules C130 I think they were so these cabins could be transported.

http://www.marshalladg.com/news/marshall-aerospace-marshall-land-systems-combine-forces/