++ NOTTSTALGIA NOW IN NEW HOSTING ++

I'm having a bit of a senior moment here (There's a phrase I've never said before!) but I can't see anything different, is the 'skin' supposed to be the same?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know about all the tech'i stuff I was just getting twitchy with withdrawal symptoms.

It isn't Google Chrome - I have been running it for years with no issues and changing ISP could be a major problem. A more likely issue is the DNS server. Usually you default to your ISP's DNS serve

Most probably need to clear the browser cache. Cache is where the browser stores data to save having to go and get it again. This really screws up when the data has changed. Some browsers assume that

There should be no difference between the old site and the new site?

The fact you are able to login and post means you are on the new hosting.

The old site would display an OFFLINE banner, as I put it offline to prevent further registrations/posts/PMs that would disappear into a black hole.

Hmmm, just lost the site for a couple of hours, it was back to the "Offline" notification. Anyone else had this?

A short while ago, I got a Zyma Error Page?

Zyma.com is our old host. Should be pointing to new host?

Maybe you got directed to a Domain Name Server that is still switching to the old hosting.

I had the same message earlier Mick.

Why do some members have 'ON LINE' and others say 'OFF LINE' ? It has happened right through since I became a member in August.

Maybe the members selected to be "invisible" when they logged in, I mostly select that option.

Why do some members have 'ON LINE' and others say 'OFF LINE' ? It has happened right through since I became a member in August.

If it says "Offline" to the left of their name on a post, it's because that's what they are....offline. They are not signed in - although they may be browsing as a guest, or anonymously.

If it says "Online" to the left of their name, they have signed in using their log-in name and password.

I have deleted my old saved favourite and then saved the "new" site in hopes that I won't lose it again....time will tell.

Better be, or my bookmark wouldn't find it.. Maybe the ones having trouble should try a different browser???

Until 8:30pm all I got from the site was the message saying Nottstalgia is moving, but looking at some of the posts it looks as if it has moved and online long before then.

But the strange thing is since I have been on Nottstalgia, I have had several warnings saying it is a potentially dangerous site, that I never had before, with the old hosting..

I have not had them for about 30mins now, I have also gone on my wife's work computer, to see if it gives the warnings, because she is with a different internet company, and I have not got the warnings on there at all.

The warnings stopped when I binned the old saved favourite like Darkazana, and reconnected with a new search on Google , But I will send a screen copy of the warnings if I get them again...