benjamin1945....Yes he is right person, blond good, looking - lived on Teviot Road, but he came to the Nottingham Textile School when he was 13...........He left school and went to Meridian, I saw him a few times about town in the 60's...................(Got to go Dinner is ready, will be in touch).......

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I remember as a kid watching the milk floats coming out of the Coop Dairy at the bottom of Westdale Lane. They were eagerly awaited by the local residents within fifty yards of the Dairy, all waiting

Every Sunday morning my grandma did bacon sandwiches (with the bread dipped in a frying pan of tinned tomatoes) and a pot of tea for the 2 Co-op milkmen who did the deliveries round our way. As a kid

I did 5 years nearly for Co-op. I started in 1974 at Beechdale Dairy. I did two rounds at Sherwood to start with and another one around Alfreton Road through to the Arboretum and beyond. The latter w

John Guy was/is very tall is/was the golf captain of Bulwell Forest,........Sandra Binch last bumped into her in Stafford where she was a pub Landlady 70s,and Marion Frost i think lives on Rise Park spoke to her husband in Town only few weeks ago.

• Upvote 1

benjamin1945 - I can remember John Guy being very tall........I can imagine him being good at sport.......Last saw Sandra back in the 60's, she married young to an Italian chap, had a daughter, I know she was widowed early......I heard she married again later and that at one tme worked at a school for special children, I saw Marion Frost when she was working in the Arboretum pub............But this was all many years ago when I was single.........

• Upvote 1

The Co-op milkman used to let us ride on the back of his red electric milk float up to the top of our street - before Health and Safety was a consideration.

I now live in Tyneside - and despite there being a Sainsbury, Co-op and two corner shops in walking distance we still get our milk delivered by a milkman!

Tim

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Dave. I remember that, didn't they take on a hotel in Brighton or somewhere nearby? If Jack and Margaret (?) are still around, could you please tell them that Helen Scrivener's lad says hello. Sadly my mum died in 1999 and dad in 2002. IIRC your great-uncle was Mr. Pearson (always known as Pedro) who taught at Edward Cludd school in Southwell.

Jack and Margaret are still around,they live near Weymouth now.Mr Pearson the teacher was my dad,he died in 2001 and mum died in 2013.Your last name is familiar to me.

Jack and Margaret are still around,they live near Weymouth now.Mr Pearson the teacher was my dad,he died in 2001 and mum died in 2013.Your last name is familiar to me.

If you grew up around the Lowdham area you'd have known my uncle and aunt, Len and Jean; they lived in the end house on Victoria Avenue. They had two sons, John, who sadly passed away a couple of years ago, and Richard, always known as "Fred" who worked at Harrisons for many years and now travels the world working for an endurance racing team.

karlton my old friend kat who used to be on the fourum was also born in kirks buildings she lived with her grandma kats name at the time was katina holmes and she was bourn on 19.2.1951 i do not know her gramas second name sadly kat died nearly 3 years ago very suddenlyi know she was looking into the history of kirks buildings at the time

• 2 weeks later...

I think I can remember even further back than most of you. In the 1940s!!! We had a milkman called Mr Moore and he used to come with his horse drawn milk cart. We had to take a jug to get the milk . This was on Woodthorpe Drive. I remember the horse was a big white one

• 5 years later...
On 10/23/2013 at 10:41 PM, covkimbo said:

Our milkman was Ethel ! Who pulled a handcart. They had a dairy in Bramcote Ave, Chilwell. I wish i could remember the surname, i went to Roundhill School with the daughter, Kathleen in the 70's

Hollingsworth