Where would I find details of a World War 1 death while in military service?

I have been looking at my Fathers mothers side of the family. His mothers maiden name was Cooper. We have always known that she had a previous marriage to a man named Prince before she became a Harvey. (My father had a half brother). It was a short lived marriage with a very quick divorce in around 1917-18.One thing has led to another and I have discovered that she had an earlier still marriage. I am not quite sure why nothing is known about this as there is nothing 'funny' about it that needs to have been kept secret.

In December 1915 my fathers mother Florence Rose Cooper married a John H Lakin. I believe he was in the Sherwood Foresters and possibly killed in action in 1916. I can find no record of his death. She had remarried to Mr Prince in Dec1916 (Bad move).

John Lakin is no relation to me of course and has no bearing on anything but it would be interesting to know what happened to him.

Seems he had notoriety in that he was the first of the Bantams to be buried and previously had been employed by the owners of the Evening Post. From the 03/08/1916 edition .

10197438134_3b1067a5fc.jpg

And this from the funeral announcement

10197797983_2e72130d30.jpg