Truckers on the Telly - did ya see it?

Watched episode one tonight.

They must have closed the square for the car/lorry chase?

The car was allowed to crash into one of the Lions!

Locations.

at the end 'The Park Police Station' The old Victoria Club on Victoria Street?

• Upvote 1

Yes, I've been watching it and enjoyed looking at our lovely city. I saw Stephen Tomkinson (?) interviewed on the telly the other day, I think it may have been on BBC Breakfast or the One Show, and he said that the Market Square scene where he stripped off was shot on a Sunday morning, Fathers Day to be exact. He had to take his kit off 7 times til they got it right! Yes that was the old Victoria Club building, Tantra's doorway was in shot just up the street.

It was filmed entirely in and around the city over a six week period during early summer. Locations included Hockley, Carlton, St Ann’s, Cossall, Wollaton Park and Eastwood, where the trucking firm is based.

I walked up Exchange Walk one day in the summer and crossed over to the Council House where there was a sign stating that filming was in progress and if one didn't want to be on the telly then don't walk across the front of the building. So I won't spot myself because I chose to do a detour!

I watched "Truckers" tonight, as did some of my mates here in Ireland, and I've been inundated with messages how great the City of Nottingham looked. It makes me all the more appreciative of the city I was born in. The episode was good, had a few laugh out moments, just hope episode two goes from strength to strength.

• Upvote 1

a lot of filming inside and outside mfn and around ilkeston as well as east wood the crew used to park tralers and campervans on mfn camping area and car parks most of the summer you would see them all comming back of location about 9pmon bike nightsactors and crew sometimes came over for a burger and a pint or twoand sit talking to us and the bikers

I did notice that he lives on one of either First or Second Avenues in Carlton, a bit more to the right and you'd have seen my Mums house!

When he stopped to have 'the work done' that was in Netherfield! SWMBO recognised that bit , and she's only ever been there a couple of times !!

Did anyone notice, towards the end, the young female lorry driver arrived back and got out of her lorry..

It was raining and the ground was wet... except under the lorry she had just driven?

Storyline was gripping then Mick?

• Upvote 1

I did notice that he lives on one of either First or Second Avenues in Carlton, a bit more to the right and you'd have seen my Mums house

I would have said that it was Ernest Road towards the top.

And, as always, I have to mark the actors' attempts at a Nottingham accent. Tompkinson got some of it but still needed more coaching from a local. So I shall give him 6/10.

Just watched it on catch up. Me and my partner had a debate of were the house was located, he said arnold somewhere cos they are a similar style to redhill... I said carlton, bonus I won - wheldon's playing field in the distance was a big give away and as an ex pupil I noticed it ;)

Then we noticed colwick as he drove past the petrol place, gotham I think the other half said as he used to take the short cut into Clifton when he was a driver on his way home. Netherfield, obviously. I remember seeing a sign but I can't remember what exactly it said and I can't believe no one mentioned filming taking place! Then again it was only a glimpse.

The club/bar was gatecrasher. Hate that place.

• Upvote 1

I did notice one bit when he was having his 'breakdown' that he drove into towards town over Ladybay bridge then out again over Gunthorpe.