Medders/Nottm Verse

Can you find a word to rhyme that we can put on this site for all .time. It dunt have to be pretty it dunt have to be neat owt at all would be a feat As you can see i am no bard so follow me it isnt hard. Let them tease let them mock the fact you can nearly write will be a shock. Cos medders born medders bred strong in the arm nowt in the head. But bigger hearts you would not find thats what mecks nottm folk so very kind .Dont be dotty dont be rude we will all be barred if this gets crude .I am finished so over to you stop mocking me lets see what you can do .

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The opening poem from my second collection of poetry (available at all good online retailers ;) ) begins

"I am no philosopher

I am Paul from The Meadows

pulled skinny poor from the shadows

to put a deal of fat on his bones"

I can't put any more as it would break the "don't be dotty don't be rude" rule...though it isn't putting The Meadows down but the place I live now

You do all of course know that Las Vegas is Spanish for The Meadows

• Upvote 1

welcome paul hope you enjoy the site as much as we doand add yoooour own memories of the meders and nottingham in general